Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric aerial woes. I snapped it

silverseahorse

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY2006 SVZ
Let me just say, "stupid low hanging branch".

The motor is fine, it still works but the bottom 2 sections no longer go up and down (the top ones still do). Ive propped it in, but i know it will come off completely. Anyone know a good auto electrician in the Hornsby(ish) area? I don't care if it is from a wrecker but I shudder at what Holden will quote.

Anyone know if I can just have a bee sting put on instead and how I go about covering the hole? I hate auto aerials.

I'm pissed cause I did the same thing in another car 8 years ago although that was a garage door and not a tree.

Stupid tree

wadevzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
You can buy an AERPRO replacement mast from Super Cheap for about $30. You can replace it in about 30 minutes, from the top. You do not need to get in under the car to get it out.

MY VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
im new here and to holden all together. I just bought a 2005 VZ executive and want to put a stone guard or viser along the front of the bonnet. Im maybe thinking
about the tinted types. Any suggestions on what type looks best and where to get it. Thanks in advance

wadevzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
You dont have to take the wheel off and get in under the guard. We did it all from the top. Simply removed the rubber bit at bottom of antenna. Turned on aerial and removed old mast, then inserted new mast. Turned off and it fed in , pushed rubber bit back in. Works fine and was quick and easy. Just be careful removing the rubber bit, we used a screwdriver, sitting on top of a rag. Be careful not to scratch the paint.

VZCALAIS190

Reaction score
Members Ride
Barbados Mica VZ Calais
MY VZ, i suppose it's not really smart to hijack a thread. Although have a look on eBay there's heaps on there tinted and clear. Goodluck.

wadevzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
AERPRO model AP265 around $30 at supercheap auto fits the VZ.

MY VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
MY VZ, i suppose it's not really smart to hijack a thread. Although have a look on eBay there's heaps on there tinted and clear. Goodluck.

yeah sorry about that, i didnt mean to post on a thread that was totally unrelated to what i was wanting.
I thought i was starting another one. I have since figured out how it all works now

ojame

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore S Ute
Id love a be sting on mine my self but don't know how to go about it.

I think i'm going to attempt this in a few months (after i move etc.) if no one has done a write up by then i'll attempt one if all goes as planned.