Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

electric fuel pump

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
also, any hints on the best place to draw the 12v ignition where the voltage wont drop to 0v whilst cranking, cos im guessing if it does drop to 0v, then the pump aint gonna work, and the engine wont crank!

i cant really go through all the wires in the wiring harness at the moment, cos i cant connect my battery......

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Sorry it took so long my comp just shat itself for some reason. Wierd, rare occurance with mac's.

here, just put the power to the starter motor insted of battery.

Attachments

• fuel 3.jpg
    fuel 3.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,354

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Oh and dont laugh, I am not good with wiring diagrams, just so long as you can understand it.

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
nah its fine, nice and clear.

so i do need to use two relays dont i......

any ideas about the ignition 12v source?

thanks

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
so, started motor solenoid gets 12v only when ignition is switched on? can i tap into this for the 12v igniton source?

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
do i have to use a relay? in this situation, why did you reconmend using one?
thanks

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Ok, talked to some mates, you should just be able to connect to the battery, failing that the + on the starter solonoid? will be fine.

As per relays. Yes use relay because power from ignition may not be adequate. A relay uses asmall current to connect a big current so when the ignition is turned on it will trigger the relay to connect the direct current from the battery.

The second relay (immob), that is your immobiliser switch. (power comes on when immob is pressed/turned off). That should cut through your ignition wire somewhere so when immobilised the fuel pump will not work. I think thatis what your on about.

Steve.

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
ok, all is going well. i am about to connect the new fuel line to the carby.... do i need to do anything about the fuel return line that is currently there? or can i just "piss it off" !

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Fuel return????????

Carbys dont have them.

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
yeah thats what i thought until i looked into it...

i noticed a small, must be low pressure, line going back into the fuel lines before the filter. where the metal fuel line joins to the carby, at the front, there is a thing that looks like a small vac diaphram, there is apparantly an inbuilt filter here, and the line coming from the little nozzle of the "vac diaphram" is labeled as a fuel return line in the gregorys manual?

i should be able to just block it i think