Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric Intake Supercharger...what's the go?

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Hi Guys...

I was just browsing on eBay as you do...and I came across this so-called Electric Intake Supercharger...here it is...http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Electric-Intake-Supercharger-add-HP-Turbo-Holden_W0QQitemZ4628969837QQcategoryZ72478QQcmdZViewItem

Just wanted to know if anyone could tell what they are about and how they work or if anyone has fitted one...??? How much benefit would there be by fitting one of these if any and is it worth it? Are they...how could I say..."safe" for your vehicle? Do the impose any risk of damage to your car...any help on this would be much appreaciated...

Cheers, Joe :thumbsup:

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
save your money what i can gather is if anything they would be a restriction .

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah don't buy one yet, but in the years to come they will be better. There are some very expensive electric superchargers that can pump 15psi. Still 2psi is better than nothing and if it's really pushing 2psi on a decent sized motor it should be quite a good kw per $ item.

I guess by the time powerful electric susperchargers are around for cheap you may as well just convert your car to electric power :). The tech is there right now to mount 2 big electric motors in your Commodore and run 12's

pandacav

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 3.8 manual
dont bother with it my m8 got one and noticed no difference just a mad intake noise.

nsladden

GET UTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Holden VP Ute S 5.0L & 1989 Holden VN 5sp Wag
It says its best suited to small motors. Perhaps Japcrap.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
small motors like electric brushcutter?

Ipswitch

Reaction score
Website
www.draggeronline.net
i have one on mine to double up, with the exhaust, chip, new light weight tail shaft etc it was putting out just under 200kw.

Took a whole day to tune it tho. I can only use the supercharger for about 20 seconds before it heats up the piping though.

Should have gone proper supercharger, well i have it as well now. Unsure of change though

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
oh god.. There is a site somehwere that actually tests theres. Its like some turbo site. diyturbo or something. Cant remember but anyway they basically say that they cause an air flow restriction. STAY AWAY FROM THEM. I also have a mate who put one on a exa, It slowed it down. They also worked out that another friends hair dryer had a better air flow. bwhahahahahahahha