Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric window ... help!

Heather

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S 2001
The rear electric window of my vx is stuck in the open position. I have removed the door trim and can't find anything obviously wrong. Guess I'll have to take it to a mechanic. Unfortunately I'm wont be able to get anybody to look at it until Tues and in the mean time I'm not keen to leave it out on the street with the window open. Does anyone know how to raise the window manually? It will not budge if I try to pull it up and there does not appear to be any over ride system near the motor. Please... it's getting dark...and I'm getting worried!

mike_is_bored316

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES II
keep pressing the switch kind of put pressure on the switch then press it up wriggle the switch around ect, my back window does it sometimes if u keep trying it can sort itself out and close, what model vx is it? does it have a factory alarm? take anything valuable out of your car put a steering whee lock on it? or pop the bonnet take the battery out for the nite til its fixed

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
short the wires to make it go up? i dunno how you would do it though, but im sure someone on here will.