Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electrical short

johnf150

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 crewman
09 2003 vy crewman battery failed i put a new battery in and drove home i noticed in the dash cluster that there is something like a smuge in the odometer read out also next morning the new battery was flat any ideas also do i need a new cluster if so which one have a good day

jhvh777

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 vy storm ute
Checking all fuses would be a good start, in engine and under steering wheel. Did you mean smudge near odometer reading? Has there been any electrical work done on the car recently? Another thing to check is charging output if you can get her running again, should be around 13.5- 14 volt.

johnf150

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 crewman
Checking all fuses would be a good start, in engine and under steering wheel. Did you mean smudge near odometer reading? Has there been any electrical work done on the car recently? Another thing to check is charging output if you can get her running again, should be around 13.5- 14 volt.
Checked all fuses recharged the new battery it read 13.5 put it back in started car checked alternator charging at 14.4 turned car off made sure everything else was off removed key and checked battery voltage every hour it slowly went down the next morning it read 11.3 so back on the charger is the battery. No electrical work has been done on the car. The old battery that failed was 6 years old it suddenly went flat i jump started the car and went home the battery read 10.5 so i charged it and it read 13 put it back in started car ok turned it off the next morning jt was flat took it out put it on the charger it would only charge to 10.5 put it back in i jump started it and went and bought a new one

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
it would only charge to 10.5 put it back in i jump started it and went and bought a new one

images

So annoying when these things suddenly reach their secret "use by date"

johnf150

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 crewman
Checked all fuses recharged the new battery it read 13.5 put it back in started car checked alternator charging at 14.4 turned car off made sure everything else was off removed key and checked battery voltage every hour it slowly went down the next morning it read 11.3 so back on the charger is the battery. No electrical work has been done on the car. The old battery that failed was 6 years old it suddenly went flat i jump started the car and went home the battery read 10.5 so i charged it and it read 13 put it back in started car ok turned it off the next morning jt was flat took it out put it on the charger it would only charge to 10.5 put it back in i jump started it and went and bought a new one
The new battery went flat overnight i charged it up and when i put it back in there was a small spark as i connected the positive terminal anyway the battery went flat again so i charged it up but left it out of the car for 2 days and when i put the battery back in everything was ok and still is 2 weeks later. I still have a smugh mark in the odometer screen does anybody have a 09 2003 vy holden crewman guage cluster