Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Emission Light on after air intake install

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Hi All,

Installed CAI on my 6ltr - aluminium pipe retaining maf and that other silly little pipe in between TB and MAF, with a big pod filter on it.

Car has done 350k's, about 40k's with the intake on, some hard driving (mostly hard driving after install) the emission light has come on now - is this a problem, or will the ECU re-calibrate to accomodate increased air flow?

Don't want holden to annoy me regarding warranted issues uneccesarily!

Cheers,

Chris

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
Hi All,

Installed CAI on my 6ltr - aluminium pipe retaining maf and that other silly little pipe in between TB and MAF, with a big pod filter on it.

Car has done 350k's, about 40k's with the intake on, some hard driving (mostly hard driving after install) the emission light has come on now - is this a problem, or will the ECU re-calibrate to accomodate increased air flow?

Don't want holden to annoy me regarding warranted issues uneccesarily!

Cheers,

Chris

No the light won't go off permanently, it will come and go. It needs to be tuned to tell it more air is coming in. Post up some pics of your intake.

As for holden, most dealerships don't give a #### about intakes and ****. Only when you try to claim on said warranty will they care.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
You could turn it off via the obd2 but you will need something that removes/reads codes. Do a search as there is plenty of cheap options for this.
Just be aware that it will more then likely come back on again after you give it a boot full.

If you have a pod filter open in your engine bay, chances are it's sucking warmer air then the standard filter.
Will sound better but be less effective when hot.