Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine belt farrkd!!!

dope_vy04

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Ute
gday blokes,

had a bit of a drama this morning, was driving along and the engine belt on my vy s ute decides to snap, causing overheating no P/S and check alternator, managed to pull most of the belt out but was after info on if i can get my hands on a new one is it easy enough for the average joe to replace or mechanic job?

cheerss

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
You mean the serpentine/accessory belt? Supercheap, Repco, Autobarn, Bursons, all stock them, and it will take all on 2 minutes to change.

All you need to do is put a socket/spanner on the tensioner pulley, turn it anti-clockwise to loosen it.
snc00415m.jpg

RicheCV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY CV8 Monaro
You mean the serpentine/accessory belt? Supercheap, Repco, Autobarn, Bursons, all stock them, and it will take all on 2 minutes to change.

All you need to do is put a socket/spanner on the tensioner pulley, turn it anti-clockwise to loosen it.
snc00415m.jpg

Small recommendation, there are 2 types to the Ecotec engines so when you get the belt quote your VIN number.

Put the belt on on all tentionsers except the water pump as this pulley has no lip to it. I have fitted many of these on my car.