Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Fan doesnt turn off with the car

Hello1234566

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
hey guys today i came to turn off my vt commodore and the fan doesnt turn off with it. i have to remove the fan relay evertime i stop the car so my battery doesnt die. anyone have any ideas or anything that i should check? cheers

minitsbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
dont remove the fan relay the reason its not turning off is because it cooling down it will shut off by itself when its ready

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
If it doesn't turn off by itself after a few minutes then try replacing the relay, it could be stuck on.

muter76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Had mine repaired earlier this week. Auto-electrician replaced the burnt out relay. Racq guy told me they only take the relay out if your a short distance from the repairer so the engine doesn't overheat.

Hello1234566

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
the thing is my fan didnt turn off after i turnd off my car it stayed on till the car battery died.. so yea i replaced the relay today. dont think it made a difference

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
the thing is my fan didnt turn off after i turnd off my car it stayed on till the car battery died.. so yea i replaced the relay today. dont think it made a difference

The relay was a common fault years ago along with the fuel pump relay, to a point that a rework was done. If you have replaced the relay already, was it a new one or swapped from elsewhere? Try another first and see how it goes.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
there are two relays.
1/ for the temp
2/ for the aircon

nb: some models only use one.

Hello1234566

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
got it working :D thanks guys. turned out to be a faulty relay!

Mumzy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT
Having this same problem with my vt put brand new relay in still doing it can anyone help me pls