Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine help-van

hothead115

Reaction score
Members Ride
1972 mini clubman
i have a mazda e2200 now i think ive pt hole in the sump or the bolts have just come loose would i be avle to tighten the bolts up and then silicone up where the bolts are as this just keeps dropping oil like a tap.

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
If the bolts are loose just try nipping them up (if a gasket change is too hard) remember they are only probibly 6mm bolts so dont go overboard. if it is a hole drain the oil COMPLETELY, jack the car up on the left if the holes on the right, front if the holes at the back and so on just to get the oil away from the hole, clean the area with emery tape/coarse sandpaper and use a product called minute mend, roll a ball of it your hand and place it on the hole, try and squeze a bit in the hole and smooth it off with water. Wait aboud 20 minuites before adding oil and hey presto no leak. we used this on our work cars as it turned a 3 hour job changing the sump into a 1/2 hour job.