Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine just cuts out

Pimpin' VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VY Commodore
when driving my 94 VR Executive the motor has just cut out and warning lights (oil, engine, battery) come on. when it happens i turn the car off then start it again almost straight away and it runs fine. this has only happened a couple of times but it is inconvenient. its an auto by the way. whats going on?

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Definately a crank angle sensor, extremely common problem.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I wouldnt say definatly, but very likely to be crank angle sensor. If you check the codes (do a search) you will have a much better idea.

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Hey bud,
Well i have the same problem....I went to mechanic and got CAS changed and it was okay for about 2 months and outa nowhere ban g it turns off while im crossing on2 another road i was like there shiting my self lol and i tun it off and it goes on straight away..what i think it could be is the fuel pump?...
well ye i still havent fixed it but cbf eather no money.

Dragz

BadSeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Berlina Wagon
I had similar problem, driving along and car would cut out.. sometimes wouldnt start at all..

had to get under bonnet and shake leads around dfi module, turns out it was a bit faulty, so sometimes plugs would touch, othertimes even while driving they would disengage (kind of annoying since you had to manually pop the hood and shake the wires, for sometimes upwards 5-10minutes to get car to start)... cost $220 at trade price to fix.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i reckon fuel pump on the way out