Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine light coming on intermittently on vn s v6

Launer

launer
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vg maloo
Hey guys I have this vn s PAC v6 auto that the engine light is coming on intermitently it stays on for a
Little bit then goes off does this the whole time it's being driven I heard some where that its most likely
The oxygen sensors is this true the book says engine management system if anyone can help would be muchly appreciated cheers Also is there any way to check fault codes on the vns

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Hey guys I have this vn s PAC v6 auto that the engine light is coming on intermitently it stays on for a
Little bit then goes off does this the whole time it's being driven I heard some where that its most likely
The oxygen sensors is this true the book says engine management system if anyone can help would be muchly appreciated cheers Also is there any way to check fault codes on the vns

Had a similar problem on my old VN. Turned out to be a shagged ECU. Out of interest, have you been jump started or used your vehicle to jump start anyone prior to this issue happening?

Launer

launer
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vg maloo
Na I haven't but the ppl I got it off said that they jumpstarted it
And they also tried using a jump pack once and it didn't go but it seems to run fine tho

vps231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS s2,Vp S, 180B SSS Project
My vp does the samething, In another thread someone suggested it may be the little black plastic thing on the back on the alternator. From memory it is held on by 2 screws and the prongs will be worn down.

Hope that helps.

matty94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VN Berlina
Have you checked the error codes? that should tell you your problem.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Leaking Oil Pressure sender

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Na I haven't but the ppl I got it off said that they jumpstarted it
And they also tried using a jump pack once and it didn't go but it seems to run fine tho

Yep, sounds exactly what happened to my old VN V6. Carried out jump starting (starting another vehicle), and the car ran fine for a few weeks, then the car developed this very intermittent cut-out (as though the ignition was turned off and back on again really quickly while driving). As the computer damage seemed to progress, the engine would have problems starting, with the cooling fans running flat out all the time. Eventually, the engine would run, but had absolutely no power at all. Engine light would flicker intermittently and the computer was checked with no fault codes coming up. New computer fixed all the problems.