Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine missing and long gear changes

vsute3.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute 3.8 ecotec auto
hi guys recently had a guy put a secondhand engine in my beloved vs series 111 s pack auto ute , hes now not answering his phone and im $1800 deep into this fix , problem is its missing under load when its hot, like cruising on the freeway and at the lights it shutters and almost stalls , ive had the injectors professionally cleaned and new spark plugs and few other things , after the injector clean and replacement it now bangs hard into gear and takes ages to change gears when driving . ive used random parts from my old engine like the TPS IAC and cleaned everything i can but nothing is helping , the long hard gear changing is a big worry , any ideas on how to fix either of these two problems ? thanks in advance

vsute3.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute 3.8 ecotec auto
gear box is fixed was the tps little black plastic thing fits on the acuaul throttle , but its still missing and almost stalling when it heats up , will scan for codes ,

Reactions: Lex