Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Engine Rebuilders ( Melbourne )

Dougs.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS 5.7
My 2002 VU SS Gen3 has hit 171000k and developed piston slap and its getting a bit
embarrassing.
I would like to know if anyone can recomend a trustworthy Engine Rebuilder in Melbourne that is'nt overly expensive,I dont have the tools or the time to do it myself.

Im thinking to either rebuild it or just replace it with a good condition quiet low-k engine , I have rang The HPF and have been quoted $8000 with a small cam :hmmm:eek:r $9000 to replace it with a LS2 creat engine.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Rebuild isnt cheap if you want a good job done. Want it cheap i suggest HM Gem for a rebuilt with a years warranty exchange. They have fitting stations or you can do it yourself or pay a mechanic.

Want a good job Dont go to the Horse Power Factory. I'm right behind dandy engines yeah they can be expensive in some respects but their work is top notch
I found their prices reasonable compared to other placesMy mates and i have had all our engines built (well machining wise anyway) there no issues with any of them.
The Profab cortina which has set MSB record for fastest car with factory suspension setup runs low 7 secs quarters all day with a best 7.37 @ 199mph This is beleived to be putting out about 1900hp.
YouTube - Modified Street - ProFab/Dandy Engines twin turbo Cortina
They build plenty of cars many different engines Lou and the boys are great blokes.

Dandy Engines - Dandenong Engine Reconditioning

chevy quad

Reaction score
Members Ride
WB one tonner
There is a company in S.A. dont know how far you want to go with the car, but piston slap at that early age. what the hell happened? Any how rhemac in gawler! or like what i did was put a LS6 engine quad cam from a corvette , it is a zo5 series engine. need computer and engine complete and it will drop straight in. You can get the whole package from a dismantler over in california and mine owed me around 8,370 all up and running in the car. It wont be the same car though, to many horses, even for me.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Quad cam LS6........your joking right???

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman
There is a company in S.A. dont know how far you want to go with the car, but piston slap at that early age. what the hell happened? Any how rhemac in gawler! or like what i did was put a LS6 engine quad cam from a corvette , it is a zo5 series engine. need computer and engine complete and it will drop straight in. You can get the whole package from a dismantler over in california and mine owed me around 8,370 all up and running in the car. It wont be the same car though, to many horses, even for me.

Quoted for awesomeness.

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
LS6 engine quad cam from a corvette

does it have 600 horses at the steering rack?
douch bag of the year! shot there bro, made me laugh!