Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine sensor fuse continues blowing

Neo harth

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT SS Gen 3 Ls1
Engine sensor fuse continues blow after turning on ignition once fuel pump relay is removed does not blow

Found wiring issue on throttle body and we wired it back up and still blows the fuse we and key won’t even let it crank over but jumping the starter relay cranks it but no start error code is on dash but diagnostic tool will not work unless the engine sensor fuse is in and not blown and in fuel pump works as soon as you go to start it blows the engine fuse again

Neo harth

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT SS Gen 3 Ls1
Also No power windows no crank and no central locking

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Sounds like you have a short somewhere in the fuel pump wiring. Unfortunately you are going to have to trace the fault and fix it.

Neo harth

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT SS Gen 3 Ls1
I did find some wires that have disconnected themselves

Millerman123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf maloo supercharged
Depending what car you have i have seen commos where the oil pressure sensor leaks oil internally and shorts the engine fuse out. Best thing to do is to create a test light for short finding. Pm me if you need instructions on how to do this. Basically put it across the fuse and you know exactly when the fuse is present. You can then go around the car wiggling suspect wiring and when the short goes the light will turn off.