Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine shudder? while i was on 100km/h

holdenrocks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
hello,

when i was driving my car on the freeways, there always have shudder when i was floor the acceleration and start shudder while i was overtake or speed up...

so i have 2 different problem also its going Rich Mixture...

1) fuel injector, even try put injector cleaner in ... its runs fine then still shudder... maybe some of them is slow flow rate or somethings...

2) Timing Chain, i think its ways out of the adjustment... didnt touch this .. .. this will make engine go shudder...

as im still try to work out why thats happen....

cheers

Copbaitoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY SS
Try the basics first, New spark plugs, possibly plug leads.. Im guessing this is in your VR?

holdenrocks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
yea, its VR v6....

i just service my car last 2 weeks and had lead and spark plugs change...

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Like Copbaitoz says, plugs and leads first - your problem can occur also due one or more of the coils failing or the DFI module.....but try the plugs and leads first as that is your cheaper option.
Forget the timing chain as it cannot be adjusted and doesn't sound like injectors. Also try a fault code check which is very easy and only takes a few minutes: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-error-codes-vr-vs-revised.22307

Badboy40qld

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Vr Commodore
hmmm i've posted in another thread, this sounds like what happened in our 94 Vr today its never really missed a beat but this sounds exactly like the syms we get on power its like this shuddering and its loses power but not all cyls are firing when they should but when you ease off off she goes untill you power.. i sure like to know what this really is....

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
hmmm i've posted in another thread, this sounds like what happened in our 94 Vr today its never really missed a beat but this sounds exactly like the syms we get on power its like this shuddering and its loses power but not all cyls are firing when they should but when you ease off off she goes untill you power.. i sure like to know what this really is....

Do a codes check first up.... Why they tend to miss when accelerating slightly after cruising at 100kph is probably because the engine is running extremely lean (for efficiency) at cruise, and when just a bit more power is required the engine may miss/hesitate due to the lean mixture - this normally should not happen but coils and the DFI module can leak high voltage etc and cause the miss. But first up, do a codes check.

Badboy40qld

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Vr Commodore
Do a codes check first up.... Why they tend to miss when accelerating slightly after cruising at 100kph is probably because the engine is running extremely lean (for efficiency) at cruise, and when just a bit more power is required the engine may miss/hesitate due to the lean mixture - this normally should not happen but coils and the DFI module can leak high voltage etc and cause the miss. But first up, do a codes check.

only codes that was present something to do with anti theft and oxy sensor but it was not related to the issue, problem solved, issue was on the with the coil pack 3/6 , 2/5 good and 4/1 good but replaced all 3 packs.. it seems to of resolved the small miss at idol to before the the coil pack failed took off 3 and 6 leads the was no arcing... but with the rest there was..

test drive no shuddering or loss of power..