Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine transplant time

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
go the super6 i did much better off. you will need the super6 loom. ecm is the same but the chip is different. mounts are the same and you can use your current exhaust. i think the super6 trans is only different internaly. but a normal 6 trans will work

yer the trans was a little stronger, but the standard one should be able to handle it.
When you say the current exhaust, do you mean cat back and y-piece or the headers as well?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
All VS series 2 Transmissions are identical, only change is a smaller torque converter , and a solenoid change for reverse in super6's.
Other than the reverse bits you just fit the smaller convertor and away you go.
All the changes between series 1 + 2 VS trannys were running changes and when ever a box is rebuilt the newer parts are fitted.
This is not to say that an original tranny will stand up the power/torque of the super6.
Super6's have monster off idle torque which is never good for tranmissions.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
thats true about the low down torque, but installing a higher stall converter will aid that, and so will having the box rebuilt to withstand the power. For around $2k you can have a monster transmission.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
not sure, its less than 2k though, could be around 1800. Not sure though

EDIT:
found this post from 2006
As above. It can be done if keeping low boost as said.

Torque converter is different, ecotec is 1800 stall and super 6 is 2600. Also I believe the physical dimensions are different too, but not sure about that.

The ecotec bottom end will take a bit mroe than standard boost if tuned correctly! "Tuned correctly" being the operative!

If it isn't then as Deek said, bye bye.. lol

If you are keen for a conversion though I have a few things I need to get rid of. They are in the forsale section.

If you want good advise, give either Blue chip or Yella Terra a call. YT may just have the solution you require....