Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine warning light/ Stability Control

quincy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Poison Ivy Series 2
If I leave the car parked up for a few days , when I start it up I get the check engine / stability control warning up . Normally I can turn the car off and remove the keys , then restart and warnings/check light have gone . I normally get away with this 9/10 times but then it wont clear every now and then .Took it to Holden when it first wouldn't clear and they told me on pick up that it was a misfire code which they cleared and it was all good. Few days after not driving same deal so now I just put up with it . 10000k's on it now and it has done it from the start. I know since it was tuned from new with the cold air , walky 3in I dont want to push the issue to much with the dealers so I just put up with it. Any one had the same prob with a viable solution . Done a search through previous threads but haven't found any doing it after not being used , only similarities are people who have had tunes / aftermarket exhausts

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I was going to say probably related to a lower than normal voltage issue (however normally get ABS as well) but normally clears. As the car has been tuned and the system recorded a misfire I would be taking back to the tuner to check fuel/air tables and make sure its fine. Left them know whats going on. Might also be a failure of an O2 sensor.

Cheers
Phil

turks 74

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv series 2
stability control

My stability control came up as a fail as soon as i pulled out from the dealer the day i picked my new ssv s2 up, i did a u turn pulled straight back in to dealer my salesman came out and had it checked straight away, the head of the service dept ( w****R) from my dealings with him over 20yrs ago! told me they could find nothing and they have cleared it. I asked him in a very sarcastic way if this always happens to new cars with 15 kms on clock! that was on the 7th of march touch wood it has not happened since.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Can be a low voltage issue which makes sense if it does it when the car hasnt been driven for a few days.

Borrow a battery charger, leave the car for a few days but on trickle charge to keep the battery fully charged and see if it still does it. If it doesnt, you know its a voltage issue.