Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine warning light

Paul Amerena

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Ute
Hi all
I have just joined so hello to all
I have a 2009 SV6 Ute which has never given me any trouble
Over the last 3 months however the engine warning light has been coming on intermittently for no particular reason and at any random speed
When it happens I can’t accelerate and it find really roughly like it is choking
The only solution is to pull over and turn the engine off and restart
The car then runs fine again until the next time which could be an hour or a week.. totally random
Had it into a local Holden dealer and they have tried everything without success ..... suggesting it may now need a new computer
Just wondering if anyone out there has experienced anything similar or has any ideas
Thanks heaps
Paul Amerena

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
At least you live in the right place.
I would be checking all electrical connections including, but not limited to, battery terminals.
Also all vacuum hoses and connections/plugs etc
Disconnect the battery and check/remove/refit all electrical connections you can find including earths.
Forget the Holden Dealers, if they are anything like the clowns at Maroochydore, you would run a mile to get away from them.
Even the local mechanics leave a lot to be desired.
I took my vz to a mechanic and had it scanned, and was told it had a problem with left wheel sensor, which, after I scanned it myself with a borrowed scanner, turned out to be an O2 sensor. Go figure.

I am at Alex Headland if you need assistance.

Paul Amerena

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Ute
Good morning
Thanks for the reply & advice
I will check everything you suggested
I took it to my sons mate & his dad who usually service it and they were baffled
Then to Caloundra City Holden who have tried multiple things without success ($800 later!)
Its so frustrating as 95% of the time it runs like a dream
I will stay in touch
Thanks
Paul
At least you live in the right place.
I would be checking all electrical connections including, but not limited to, battery terminals.
Also all vacuum hoses and connections/plugs etc
Disconnect the battery and check/remove/refit all electrical connections you can find including earths.
Forget the Holden Dealers, if they are anything like the clowns at Maroochydore, you would run a mile to get away from them.
Even the local mechanics leave a lot to be desired.
I took my vz to a mechanic and had it scanned, and was told it had a problem with left wheel sensor, which, after I scanned it myself with a borrowed scanner, turned out to be an O2 sensor. Go figure.

I am at Alex Headland if you need assistance.