Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Enrohs VK Berlina

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Have been considering running an exhaust similar to the fr8train camaro...........

Lol nice, straight out the bonnet! My hunt for a VK has started. Hopefully I can find one for a decent price, haven't found one under a grand so far :s

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
well, ducked out to where the vk has been stored for the last 2 yrs today. ripped the 14s off and slapped some spankin new 15s on it. and cranked the old 202black into life. fired up pretty quick for 3yr old fuel....
also ripped the v8 k-frame outta the vl i have sitting there.
would have got photos but i had to vacate the area due to a swarm of paperwasps (which im deadly allergic too...lol)
anyway, ill duck back out there to morro chuck some brake fluid in her and drive her home...
will give the k-frame a quick lick of paint and slap her in.
just gotta order some aeroflow fittings and a shifter too and she should have a motor in early next week.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
well motor is in, box is in. pictures will follow tomorrow.
few things. 4l60e box just fits...but it fits. Wiring looks like its going to be fairly simple. trans mount looks like i can flip it upside down and just drill new slotted holes and use the standard vx rubber mount. it looks like the vl v8 tailshaft is going to be the same length..awesome.
vl powersteering rack will not fit in stock mounting holes with a standard starter on drivers side. im goin to try a vp ps rack first with a mini starter and if that doesnt work just go a manual vl rack.
As to the weight, i removed a black 202 and traumatic auto, the car has ultra low pedders 6cyl front springs, and with the ls and 4l60 the front og the car sits 40mm higher than before, even with the turbo gear etc stacked on top of the radiator support panel. ls sure is light.
standard manifolds will not fit. so i definetely have to make full fabricated manifolds, also at this stage im not going to run the big turbo yet, its going to be a really tight fit for a 4" dump, may even have to notch chassis rail.... so at this stage a 6" dump is out of the question(for now).
the 202 came out in an three hours, and the ls1 went in in about 2hours, so its pretty easy.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
sounds like its coming along well. I just missed out on an immaculate original berlina I could of picked up for just under 2 grand..... still searching though.... im keen as to get started!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
enroh, bud. can you enlighten me in the ways of the 4L60-e. everone is saying "dont do it"

back story:
i have a T700 on mine, but now with the new 0411 ecu, having an electric shift answers a LOT of issues im going to have with the cable kickdown. also some aspects of the tune require a "gear position PRND321" to operate fully. not to mention TCC lock will be plug-n-play.

everyone is saying itll die. but youre using one on your thumper...

also the T700 has **** like beast sunshell, kevlar packs, 13 vein pump etc. reckon i could swap them into a 4L60-3? what are the main differences?

cheers bro.

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
enroh, bud. can you enlighten me in the ways of the 4L60-e. everone is saying "dont do it"

back story:
i have a T700 on mine, but now with the new 0411 ecu, having an electric shift answers a LOT of issues im going to have with the cable kickdown. also some aspects of the tune require a "gear position PRND321" to operate fully. not to mention TCC lock will be plug-n-play.

everyone is saying itll die. but youre using one on your thumper...

also the T700 has **** like beast sunshell, kevlar packs, 13 vein pump etc. reckon i could swap them into a 4L60-3? what are the main differences?

cheers bro.

Yeah the 4l60e is great. The key things to keep in mind is heat and shift pressures. Contrary to popular belief 4l60e can handle good power. I've been subjecting mine to 500rwhp and 1050nm @3900 rpm.
A better solution for you if you want to race it.....lol....would be a 4l80e if it physically fits it the tunnel, a 60 is a big box but an 80 is wider again. Can handle torque well, hotrod ran a 4l80 behind a 700rwhp, 950lbft 489 blown big block for quite a while in the 67 camaro, running drag slicks too.

The 4l60e is the updated version of the t700 so I'm pretty sure the 13vein pump and 'beast' sunshell and such are interchangeable. Vqlvebodies are not however.

As long as you put a big autocooler on to keep temps under 96c and keep the shift pressures up.(which you can do semi effectively in the auto tune, or you can do it with a "stage" 1 or 2 kit.) The box will last forever.oh and you can get standalone controllers if your ecu vant run it.

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Im at an impasse.

I got a little carried away today and pulled 85% of the interior out and have removed over 15kgs of sound deadener.

And now i have a dilema....

do i go all out and make it a nice streetable car?

or do i go the other way and make it a dedicated drag car????

this thing is ridgy didge, i even found the stamped build sheets in a little pocket under the felt.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Why not do both? Haha. Go street.