Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Error code says everythings A Ok, vibration through the whole car

FrangaVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina Wagon
Hey people,
I did the classic paper clip test and got code 12 everythings fine. I get a great deal of vibration through the whole car, but its a lot less noticeable in the back seat. The vibration shudders through about every 2-3 seconds and when I rev it up and then it comes back to idle its quite rough on the way down the rev range.

My brother reckons it might be the stall convertor, as about 13,000k's ago the auto transmission people said it had 20,000k's left in the box maybe a bit more.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Worst at idle, changes with the car parked on different slopes? Possibly the engine mount(s) have sagged allowing metal to metal contact between mount and K-frame.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
could also be a ignition problem. even a really bad injector can cause a vibration. check plugs and leads. inspect the coil packs and look for cracks in the plastic

FrangaVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina Wagon
could also be a ignition problem. even a really bad injector can cause a vibration. check plugs and leads. inspect the coil packs and look for cracks in the plastic

Will do, I will check the plugs, leads and coils in the next couple of days when I get a chance and I'll let you fella's know how I go.

Worst at idle, changes with the car parked on different slopes? Possibly the engine mount(s) have sagged allowing metal to metal contact between mount and K-frame.

It is generally worst at idle yeah, although the vibration may just seem less intrusive because i'm concerntrating on driving or listening to music. Whether its parked on a slope or not doesnt seem to matter it still vibrates and makes a knocking noise. I've tried to zero in on where its coming from but havent had much luck, all I can hear is the tick of the injectors from the top of the car, but from the bottom I can hear the noise loud and clear unfourtunetly I cant quite pinpoint wheres it coming from.

Also it makes this god awful whining noise when coming down a certain hill near my house, whether in neutral or in D and the gear stick shakes a fair bit.

Anyways thanks for the help guys its much appreciated, keep it coming :)