Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Error Code

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Hi guys,

I have had my car on the diagnostics run with the mechanic, he pulled up two error codes (Oxygen Sensor, which has been fixed) and "31 Theft Deterrent System – Missing Signal" <- what normally causes this. The memory has been cleared, and just waiting for the engine light to come back on, but have no idea why it would appear

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
tr3nt said:
Hi guys,

I have had my car on the diagnostics run with the mechanic, he pulled up two error codes (Oxygen Sensor, which has been fixed) and "31 Theft Deterrent System – Missing Signal" <- what normally causes this. The memory has been cleared, and just waiting for the engine light to come back on, but have no idea why it would appear

31 is a weird one, for sum reason soon as i short pins 5 and 6 and shut the door in turns that anti theft deterent red flashing light off

nothing to worry about i doubt

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Now and then the ECU and the BCM don't communicate properly, such as a dirty connection between the key and the igntion, sometimes with it you can get the immobiliser light flash faster than normal.

You can still start the car and it doesn't cause any drama I would imagine unless it is a persistent fault.