Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ESP and shuddering

commi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore
Hi All

apologies if been posted before. Having issue with the VF. ESP light comes up and car starts to shudder. Turn it off then start it up again it disappears.Been happening over last six months. In that time we have it looked at by Holden and have had spark plugs and injector coils replaced. Cylinders have been cleaned out and fuel tank replaced. It’s only done 85000kms. Still keeps happening. Anyone else have any suggestions other than blow it up..

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Any codes?

baldy-calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
Hi All

apologies if been posted before. Having issue with the VF. ESP light comes up and car starts to shudder. Turn it off then start it up again it disappears.Been happening over last six months. In that time we have it looked at by Holden and have had spark plugs and injector coils replaced. Cylinders have been cleaned out and fuel tank replaced. It’s only done 85000kms. Still keeps happening. Anyone else have any suggestions other than blow it up..
Injectors!!!!!!

commi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore
Only history of a misfire but that was fixed

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Cylinder misfire codes are an indication you may have faulty injectors. Such is a known problem and Holden should cover the repair costs.

So have the injector resistance checked and if outside spec and you’ve had misfire codes, Holden should replace all injectors gratis.

If the injectors do indeed turn out to be the cause, I’d also want a refund of all the cost associated with all earlier repair attempts as the true cause would have been the injectors and not the plugs, coils, fuel tank and cylinder head clean…

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Will 'Holden' still cover the costs now they don't exist? This is on my mind as I have a 2016 SSV and when it's time comes (seems inevitable based on that other thread) I'm not confident I'll have any lucky getting it done for free at whoever it is still doing Holden's servicing.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Will 'Holden' still cover the costs now they don't exist? This is on my mind as I have a 2016 SSV and when it's time comes (seems inevitable based on that other thread) I'm not confident I'll have any lucky getting it done for free at whoever it is still doing Holden's servicing.
Very interested to see how this ends up.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Holden do still exist as a legal entity down under and they still have their legal obligations which they must meet.

Holden service dealers do still exist as legal entities down under (though much less in numbers) and the selling dealer (if they survived) must also meet their legal obligations under ACL..

Holden Custome Care should be able to tell you where your closed authorised Holden service center is located.

And authorised Holden service dealers still have their communication channel with Holden regional managers and other decision makers so they should/will honour any warranty claims and known defect claims like this well known injector defect (even out of factory warranty).

You may have to push Holden a little as nothing they do these days re warranty seems as easy as it was before the factory shutdown. But you shouldn’t have to reach into your pocket to solve this known defect…

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Holden do still exist as a legal entity down under and they still have their legal obligations which they must meet.

Holden service dealers do still exist as legal entities down under (though much less in numbers) and the selling dealer (if they survived) must also meet their legal obligations under ACL..

Holden Custome Care should be able to tell you where your closed authorised Holden service center is located.

And authorised Holden service dealers still have their communication channel with Holden regional managers and other decision makers so they should/will honour any warranty claims and known defect claims like this well known injector defect (even out of factory warranty).

You may have to push Holden a little as nothing they do these days re warranty seems as easy as it was before the factory shutdown. But you shouldn’t have to reach into your pocket to solve this known defect…
Hey mate, you're right, but it was difficult enough in some cases to get GM to honour warranty obligations.
Now as they don't produce in Aus. I don't see this process becoming any easier. The former dealers will play the blame game. Hey l hope l'm wrong, but time will tell.

Lyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF Storm
I’ve just had this problem today!!
Driving home, car starts to shudder, engine light flashing, traction control light comes on then service ESP shows up.
running really rough, slow on the brakes and very clunky when down shifting.
should I contact Holden first?