Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ESP Service and car shakes??

frasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Sedan MY17 SOAG
hi,

I apologise if this similar issue has been posted before but I did not find a reply I was after in those threads. My VF has just today displayed the 'ESP Service' light and when this is up at idle the car rocks side to side quite a lot and on take off and slow down is clunky in the gear changes. Has anyone else experienced this?

Left the car off for 20 minutes seemed to fix it, but after 10 minutes error appeared briefly before disappearing. Is this just a faulty connection or something? Will be taking the car in for a check tomorrow morning but wanted to know if anyone else had this problem and had it easily fixed. Only 1660 on the clock

Cheers all!!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Warranty!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Maybe a loose plug but let holden fix it for you.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Had this issue with my Sv6 when it was parked for one week. It will go away after a couple of days of normal driving ... though it doesn't hurt to take it to the dealer if you are concerned.

frasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers guys, Have the car booked in first thing Monday morning. Went to the dealer Friday and the service guy said it may have been the engine misfiring or something but had no issue since. Probably a plug or something which caused it :D Still love the car though, so nice to drive :D

Dacommomwhore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commonwhore
Hey mate, just wondering if you have had this problem resolved. Please throw me an inbox with some information.

Many thanks!

frasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate, just wondering if you have had this problem resolved. Please throw me an inbox with some information.

Many thanks!

Hey mate, yes all resolved! Was a mis-firing cylinder so got the dealer to replace it with a new one under warranty and no issues since. If your having the same issue go to your dealer and have them check for this problem.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Hey mate, yes all resolved! Was a mis-firing cylinder so got the dealer to replace it with a new one under warranty and no issues since. If your having the same issue go to your dealer and have them check for this problem.

What was causing the misfire and what was replaced?

Dacommomwhore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commonwhore
Yeah mate awesome! I 100% have a misfire. What caused the misfire. I have so far only done plugs. Was going to go MSD leads next week and then if not resolved replace coil packs. Thanks buddy!

frasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah mate awesome! I 100% have a misfire. What caused the misfire. I have so far only done plugs. Was going to go MSD leads next week and then if not resolved replace coil packs. Thanks buddy!

Yeah nice! Glad you picked up on what it was. When it happened to me I was stressing (not knowing much about cars myself). I think it may have been a cylinder head or something they replaced. I think the dealer initially swapped plugs and said if it still happens in the sameness culinder I was the cylinder head?