Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

estimate of power anyone?

Slow_Az

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY s11 Cosmo "S"
just wondering what kind of power i should be looking at on my v6. if someone with similar mods who has put their car on the dyno, please respond. mods installed: extractors, hi flow cats, ss inductions cai and k&n panel and 2.5" exhaust. pretty basic.
another question is would i now need a map/tune to gain the benefits of the mods and where can i get one in the south eastern subs of melbourne.
cheers.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Power estimate would be around 120rwkw, those mods don't really do a lot for power though, mainly response. The mods you have done will help the tune, not the other way around. Tuning a stocker will give good results but doing what you have done will make the tune better, if you get me. Umm...mod the car to get the most out of a tune, not tune the car to get the most out of the mods. The VY has a flash memcal, someone can tune them now?

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
just wondering what kind of power i should be looking at on my v6. if someone with similar mods who has put their car on the dyno, please respond. mods installed: extractors, hi flow cats, ss inductions cai and k&n panel and 2.5" exhaust. pretty basic.
another question is would i now need a map/tune to gain the benefits of the mods and where can i get one in the south eastern subs of melbourne.
cheers.

Hey Mate

Yeah i agree with Not_an_abba_fan, it would be around 120rwkw, i would go for some rockers that should push you over 130rwkw, and then get a tune, though its your car, so its up to you if you want to or not...

Slow_Az

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY s11 Cosmo "S"
great thanks for the advice guys. i was reading on here somewhere that vy2 can't get after market rockers or was that just the FIT ones? please correct me if i'm wrong

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
maybe just chuck it on a dyno for $60 and find out 4 sure. as for the rockers email tony from FIT website, he'll let u know

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
great thanks for the advice guys. i was reading on here somewhere that vy2 can't get after market rockers or was that just the FIT ones? please correct me if i'm wrong

Yeah thats correct mate, you cant use the FIT ones, though the Yella Terra 1.95 are fine, thats what im going for, in the next month of so.....

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
As someone else said, put it on a dyno. Then you can join the 150rwkw club(or as we like to call it the happy dyno club) :p

Slow_Az

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY s11 Cosmo "S"
yeah i'll be looking into the YT 6662 kit, hopefully some time soon. if anyone has them in their vy2 v6, please post and let us all know if they work well.

if other vy2 v6 owners have any other mods please post to help me out as i'm not really sure as to what i want to do next. ultimately i'm looking at a raptor kit.
cheers to everyone that have posted.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Look at my mod list...

Had the car dyno'd....

Dyno gave a 119rwkw reading with a graph that flatlined from 3700rpm onwards...

I laughed at the guy n told him he screwed up... he didn't give me my money back. lol

Will all the bits i got i would estimate about 130rwkw. VY CHRISSO has pretty much the same goodies as me but he has a bigger exhaust and he got 132rwkw from memory...

As for a tune... not much gains really. Several places have said they would do it but i wouldn't see much for my money.

Good Luck

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
yeah i'll be looking into the YT 6662 kit, hopefully some time soon. if anyone has them in their vy2 v6, please post and let us all know if they work well.

if other vy2 v6 owners have any other mods please post to help me out as i'm not really sure as to what i want to do next. ultimately i'm looking at a raptor kit.
cheers to everyone that have posted.

Hey Mate

After the rockers, i would go for a diff change, either 3.45, 3.7 or even a 3.9 etc, also depends if you do alot of highway driving, or more city driven, if you do alot of highway go the 3.45, or if you do alot of city go either 3.7 or 3.9 etc

Also Mate is yours manual or auto ??

If its manaul i wouldnt go the 3.9, i would get either 3.7 or 3.45