Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Eurovox head unit issues??

karlos_1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
I got the standard eurovox cd player in my VX. Was driving home tonite and the weirdest thing happened. Had the cd playing, enjoying the song, anyway it suddenly went lower in volume, for no apparent reason.
I didnt adjust the volume knob at all, and i didnt bump the steering wheel controls cos my hand was at the top of the wheel, nowhere near the buttons.
I then turned the volume back up with the volume knob, to where it was before, and then a second later it went louder on its own. I turned it back down and it seemed to come good.
Has this happened to anyone else, might be a dicky volume knob maybe?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Have no idea about your problem, my Eurovox didn't last long in my car.

But I can recommend something; put an aftermarket one in. Pretty much anything sounds better than the Eurovox and these days you can get an MP3/CD/FM/AM for around $100 (or less even). Add $15 for a single DIN pocket to fill the gap and you'll have a better sounding stereo and a new place to put your coins/phone/smokes/etc. :)

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
could be that it switched to speed sensitive volume, you can change it back through the menu's ( could be hidden menu not sure

quiksilv3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII L67 Statesman
On another note I have a Eurovox single DIN in my VS Statesman. A similar thing happens, and also sometimes when the volume knob (not steering wheel controls) are used to turn the volume up, the music actually gets softer.

Is this a common thing to happen?

Cheers

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
You can get a little box that sends the same signal as the remote for your deck. means the stearing wheel controls still work

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You can get a little box that sends the same signal as the remote for your deck. means the stearing wheel controls still work

Do you know if this would also work on the rear passengers roof audio controls?

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
WhUt? Yeah I'd have thought so, but your best bet is to check it out with a stereo installer.