Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Eurovox Radio Code

eetmesoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SEDAN...AND A VE TOO!
for about the 3rd time in a few years put a new battery in my VX. Used jumper lead set to keep harness wires connected to a 12 volt source...the replacement battery...but somehow still managed to bugger it up. Connected everything up and started the car...great! But code was showing on radio screen, logbooks audio section says that is the code when 12v has been lost, and details how to input the code...which I do not have! Why would the log books have original receipts from purchase at Peninsula Holden and other paperwork, but have no record of the Radio security code noted?.

Pulled the logbooks outs, went through all the paperwork and could not find the radio code [was sure I did have it listed somewhere??] Then the book says check for a sticker in the glovebox with code on it...no such luck!

So what's my options? Dealer and pay a [likely exorbitant] fee when they get it from the VIN [do they actually plug into the computer with an OBD2 whatsie? Or do they just get it from their online computer program? Is it possible for me to use an OBD2 tool and extract the code?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Dealers should be able to look up the VIN and get the code, most won't charge. They will probably require proof that you own the car.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Rego papers and go to a dealer. I've had it done before at no charge.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Try 2424, that was the code for my old VX GTS (before I installed a full stereo system).

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Have just called the dealer before and been given it over the phone. Really doubt anybody is stealing CD players anymore.

Try googling too, there seems to be a few sites that will give you the code based on the Eurovox serial number.

eetmesoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SEDAN...AND A VE TOO!
_R_J_K_ - I'm guessing that to find the Eurovox serial number...that means removing the stereo from the dash? Will aslo try the suggestion of "2424" WOW! Be fantastic if that does the trick...

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
Try 3353. That was the code in my old VX.

trel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Equipe Wagon
Call Holden customer service they give you the code over the phone I had to do it recently. This is a free service too.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Try 1280. Not sure why. If that fails try 1281. Or 1282. Or...

griezy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL-X Wagon
There should be a credit card size card in the owner manual with the radio code, that what I had in my Vy calais, but in my VT Calais its written on the radio it self as I bought it second hand and codes will not match the chassis for the dealership to get the code, I would write the code on the owner manual for next time you need it