Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Evap system plumming 6ltr ve

Steve1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 2010
Hi all, I really need help with my ls2 swap (evap plumming) into my discovery 1 1995. After a long 7 year build, I'm finally ready for mod plate or so I thought.
RWC dude didn't see it my way through, and needs the evap system up and running from the ve 2010.
Unfortunately I purchased 6ltr motor and 6L80e box but no evap plumming came with. I've purchased a new charchole canister for VE but am rather clueless on where to plumb in.
Any easy understandable diagrams / suggestions would be greatly appreciated please.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if its already in a VE then canister is above the diff, its only a smaller hose that connects to the pipe next to the fuel line that goes back to the canister and then thru purge valve thats on the engine will be plug and sensor for it somewhere, also is it an actual LS2 or L98 ? as they are different and can have different breather systems

Steve1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 2010
if its already in a VE then canister is above the diff, its only a smaller hose that connects to the pipe next to the fuel line that goes back to the canister and then thru purge valve thats on the engine will be plug and sensor for it somewhere, also is it an actual LS2 or L98 ? as they are different and can have different breather systems
Thanks ... so the numbers on the heads correspond with L76 . I was only told it came from a 2010 ve so unfortunately that's all I have.
As for the location of canister not sure but the one I bought on line looks far to big to fit over diff so maybe wrong one.
I purchased and fitted a stand alone harness but again unfortunately there is no wiring for purge valve so I need to start from scratch.
I prepared to run all new pipes from tank right through, just don't know where they go.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
so the L76 is the same as what was in it ? or are u changing it all up ? this changes alot for info as stand alone harness may not use it and factory ecu usually controls the purge valve, the canister should be above ur diff and its directly connected to the tank and then the purge goes to the smaller line next to the main fuel line then to the valve on manifold

Steve1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 2010
Thanks for your persistence to help,
Ok so to clear things up at start I briefly mentioned I bought a motor and box from a ve and transplanted them into a landrover discovery 1 1995.
I'm trying to completely duplicate the entire evap system from the ve as per Rwc dude request.
I'm running the standard factory ecu from the VE with a stand alone harness which in my eyes completely deletes any old landrover bullsh.. .
So trying to keep it simple...look at it as a VE. I don't have any VE plumming for the evap other than the previous mentioned charchole canister. So yes it is a big ask on my behalf but I don't know what the VE had but plan to fabricate anything needed to duplicate the VE evap system.
I do realise I'll need to talk to old mate who sold me the stand alone harness on how to get power for the purge valve etc,but primarily for now how is the VE plumed in? and is their any other electronic stuff other than the purge valve I need.? Please

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i dont know the exact plumbing of the canister as we dont normally see it but it should take vapors from the tank but not be able to get fuel in it, then u should see where the sensor is or goes on the engine might be at the front or back of manifold should have a gm quick connect style fitting same style as fuel rail uses, and plug should be 2 wire one side is 12v i think and other side is ecu controlled earth, the evap purge wire is ECM plug X2 pin 8

ECM6.jpg

ECM7.jpg

Steve1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 2010
What a Legend.
Did not expect that info so happy.
I feel I've got a long way to go but jumped a big step tonight.
Too much to process right now.
I'll have a sniff In my engine bay tomorrow and go from there.
Thanks again, hope to chat soon.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You can get the tube from EFI solutions and the quick fit connectors from them too. They just push into the tube.