Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ever get strange calls on your landline?

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
The strangest landline caller I had was while living in a share house with a few mates. For about a month on Wednesday evening we would get a call from a lady asking for Rodney and wouldn't believe that he didn't live there.

This was before proper caller ID but if you missed a call you could dial *10# I think it was and ring back the missed caller. Come Wednesday let the phone ring out and then call them back. Turns out it was a mental institution and one of the patients was calling. The person on reception told us the lady calling us had history for this. She would just find a number in the phone book and take it from there, Wednesday just happened to be our day.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I got a scammer call me a couple of hours ago from the Do Not Call registry . For a couple of bucks a week they will be able to stop all scam calls to my number.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
My old grandad was a sailor in the merchant navy. One day he was swabbing the deck when he answered a call on the old voice tube communication system. It was the captain who ordered my grandad to bring him a bottle of brandy to his cabin pronto.
Grandad replied “Feck off!” To which the captain responded “Do you know who you are speaking to?” My grandad then said “No, do you know who you are speaking to?”
The captain then shouted “NO I DO NOT!!!”
Grandad replied “Well then, FECK OFF!!”

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Today's lucky numbers on my mobile ........... + 375 2345 47-434(2) ......... which apparently is from Belarus.
Coud be a young blonde buxom Ukranian refugee seeking my company, or I have been called up as a Belarusian Nasho.
Ahhh, the mysteries of life. :confused:

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Not calls but I have had heaps of scams on insta. Usually goes along the lines of asking how I am then answering with something like "God has smiled on me" sh!t. I normally just block them but had nothing to do for a while so I played along. The person was trying to get me to use a whatsapp contact to find out how I could get up to 500K loan that doesn't have to be paid back. It was for unemployed, employed, small business, large business, disabled and carers. Covered a lot of ground, the scam was a government (Never said which) run setup to help people.
I messaged him saying that the pastor at my church said mobiles are the devils work and scammers used them. He said no this isn't a scam and with god as his witness he was telling the truth. He went on for an hour with must have been 50 messages with my replies getting sillier and sillier, he finally got tired and didn't answer. About an hour after that I had another person trying to run the same scam, just told them to get fornicated.

Reactions: Lex

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
A friend on Facebook reposted a message that would apparently bless her with a miracle. I didn't respond

gokiwi64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV Clubsport
Usually get 1 a week ....I normally answer and then hangup - the following week around the same time get another call but there will be 1 digit difference in the number.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Just answering it tells them the line is active. The bot then stores the number in a database which is onsold to scammers.