Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EVs - What are you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Well, at least I got one person who loved an EV .. although he said he reviewed and presumably drove it,meh didnt say much, he asked me to Research

can you kindly cut and paste it here .. please, and what car was it ?

You've been given a link. Don't be lazy. Me thinks you don't read to well either.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
You've been given a link. Don't be lazy. Me thinks you don't read to well either.
Yeah he seems a bit blind.
I might stop sharing in this thread as a few others also seem to have.

You can lead a horse to water....

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
Yeah he seems a bit blind.
I might stop sharing in this thread as a few others also seem to have.

You can lead a horse to water....
I’ve had trouble posting this ‘ got some security prompt, so put it here, it works .Re the link , don’t worry , didn’t see it, if you won’t send it again , ok

All in all, the EV topic I put up hoping I’d get a lot of interesting things back, did little …like for example only, iron phosphate batteries, any comments, or even things like whether we in Aus will get a rebate for buying an ev... .. we have an election looming.. but the labor party are. Silent .. is that because the ridiculous imminent tax cuts are are gunna be supported, so EV rebates are just a big no… are NZ buyers are getting, purportedly, 8grand , is that true ?
But what EV can you buy in NZ?
Have you looked at any EVs , is it a bit early , or are we just unwilling to spend or can’t afford it, or because the wife want the house painted, the garden renoed, or the kitchen renoed too. or is it” all if the above“
and what about parts if I keep my Commodores, inc mine, my headlights on low beam are .. just ok.. but can I get brighter globes , and will they blow more often , so put up,with that Tezza, night driving up here from now on has more of those kanga

Blah blah blah

i don’t at all support tax cuts when we have at least, I think, 0. 8 of a trillion dollar debt, its also the opportunity cost in not doing other things like replenishing soils and water catchments in a very pro way across the nation, a sophisticated analysis, and improvement program to boost our fine ag industry . Food security is the really emerging in the next 80:p years + as THE serious issue due to crop failure, and demand ( we even imported rice ourselves recently) around the world from global warming . So lets get into that . The demand is exponentially ballooning due to the insatiable demand in the Asean .

I think things are quietish on the forthcoming election front because Albanesi is really cooked, it is hard for all oppositions , but if all they do is whinge about the virus ONLY and the ****’s about vacc delay , when no one can can do it really really well, then they are really cooked . The opposition leader in the Hose of Reps is good,, the rest are “ me tooers” . Honestly, have you ever seen so many women doing this me too stuff, the CEO of women who care, the Director of Gender Equality, The CEO of Gender Equality in the Workplace, The Council of Aged Women, the CEO of women’s Superannuation. Gee no wonder male loneliness, isolation is just not on the radar, na.
No wonder I want something else to fill the vacuum, to hug at night the BYD EAN Dolphin, and Sugar and Zoom, the delinquent dach, the John Wick pup . Maybe we can fight back and end up with the CEO of Male Menapause Support

Re politics, I would have thought it better for Labor to tell us other stuff, look at Shorten, and recall that Craig Thompson, again, is in an alleged heap of shite due to alleged fraud, and you realise that Bill S is not not just drinking Chardonnay, it’s probably now Montrachet chard, and Labor are going up and down in the same place, and the union movement headquarters should move away from Kings Cross etc

blah

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did you read the last page of your thread?
It was the 2nd to last post on that page.
Having trouble to find it , so is there a necessity to belittle me, no

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There is another thread where the members have been discussing the EV Vs ICE cars issue for some time. You are late to the party and I'm fairly sure people aren't going to repeat what they have said in the other thread.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did you read the last page of your thread?
It was the 2nd to last post on that page.

the following post you made is not at all clear( , why not just send the link again. If you don’t want to, fine, i have add issues with the portal ) page no’s change too

It was the 2nd to last post on that page.”

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah NZ is great for small scale but high quality.

This might sound silly but stick with it
I'd love to see vehicles like golf carts, that are fully electric have a bit more freedoms to get around (maybe needs a max speed cos safety)
For the majority, going to the shops, or short runs something like this would make sense.
If i have a 5 minute drive in my normal car I'd have no issue with it being 10 minutes for a small electric thing (although in all honesty I normally hop in the Bicycle instead).
Have seen them on larger worksites and so on so they do work.

I cant justify buying a fully elec car for personal use
But if there was a smaller scale runabout I'd probably atleast look into it.
But some people have three cars of dubious practical use , and fuel guzzlers, if my car was 6 -10 yr old, I d get an electric car, probably a BYD EAN but I’d Research , the problem is what You get for your existing ice car, and it’s so so hard to sell them . I have bought a few cars b4 virus and it was so hard to sell them , even when I posted and paid for the facts report, when I bought the ZB , they wanted to unload them and I got a good trade result , but private sale . So slow
ICE cars are gunna drop even more or just sit in drive, unless people poorly affected financially by virus flood market. But I won’t get a great price at all even though my ZB is near immaculate , and it’s really newish with only 25 k
i have no problem with BYD so far , ill Have to wait till Jan 23 ,, but I’ll buy one then, after due diligence , yep I will keep the ZB Too, it’s so good . I like cars so yep won’t reno the kitchen. If there is a $15000 drive away ekectric that will take me 100 -150k return trip for home charging I might get that .. and what about parts for ICE ., I might have more trouble than a VF owner etc, but I thought parts will be ok , dunno, not confident
i actually followed Uniti One start up , but it’s dead already think

Status
Not open for further replies.