Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exan's VZ SS

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Cheers guys, luckily nobody was hurt which is the main though, could have easily been my drivers side door he hit rather than the front corner is the situation was slightly different.

Recorded it on my dashcam which shows what happened, doesn't look very bad in the video but there is a lot more damage to my car than his. Unfortunately my visibility to the right is pretty impaired by the dumbass white car pulled way too far forward, and by the silver 4wd turning right, or I might have been able to see him sooner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY5Bxvvq_90

Will update when I get the car back, insurance have been good so far.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Felt bad for you watching that mate!!

Thanks mate, at least it should look better than before when I get it back, assuming the repairer does a good job.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Cheers guys, luckily nobody was hurt which is the main though, could have easily been my drivers side door he hit rather than the front corner is the situation was slightly different.

Recorded it on my dashcam which shows what happened, doesn't look very bad in the video but there is a lot more damage to my car than his. Unfortunately my visibility to the right is pretty impaired by the dumbass white car pulled way too far forward, and by the silver 4wd turning right, or I might have been able to see him sooner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY5Bxvvq_90

Will update when I get the car back, insurance have been good so far.

This is the exact reason why i have a dash cam too. Feel sorry for your car man, just the crunch sounded bad :/ I guess look on the bright side that no one got hurt.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
This is the exact reason why i have a dash cam too. Feel sorry for your car man, just the crunch sounded bad :/ I guess look on the bright side that no one got hurt.

Thanks Mark, same here. I got the dash cam as I didn't think anyone would believe a young guy in a black V8 commodore was not at fault if it was my word vs theirs. Good to have insurance and video evidence on my side. The camera I got was only $70 including SD card, totally worth the money. You're totally right the main thing is that nobody was hurt, I've got a GPX250 to get about on until the car is sorted which is a plus.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Question: Why does everybody but me have the sound on the dashcam turned on?

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Question: Why does everybody but me have the sound on the dashcam turned on?

I can turn it off, but I figure it may capture additional evidence, can always mute the video if I need to submit it without but if some guy starts yelling abuse or admits fault can't edit that back in. I have edited that video but I have further footage of pulling into the servo, him getting out, and quietly, out initial conversation of 'what were you thinking mate' 'sorry totally my fault wasnt even paying attention'. So may help in some situations.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
What intersection was that at?

Looks north of the river.

Intersection of Harborne & Cambridge in Wembly. Was heading home from work in Osborne Park.