Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

excess noise notice

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
An actuator has to be the simple solution here. I hate being woken up at 6am by the bogans across the street...if everyone set their cars to quiet in the morning and when parking at night everybidy wins. I get to sleep in and noisy cars pass inspection.
The only thing stopping me from doing mine is the fear of one side failing ie uneven back pressure.

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
just received a letter from ippy council,someone has complained about my ute being too noisy.
no details who,when etc,

What can the council do about it?
If you get a notice from the EPA it's a pain in the arse but what can the council do?

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
I have one ******** ranting about wanting speed bumps in our street, I said no f ing way do I want that speed hump **** anywhere near my house, he can have the speed bump outside his house and then he will surely crack the shits with all the noise that that creates with all the cars slowing down and then thumping over it and then taking off again.

I don't give really a toss when they go past flat out in V8's and turbo 6's but I hate the old pricks plodding past blowing smoke or running about down on a cylinder or two.

That ******** is one of them good for nothings sitting at home all day long doing nothing but ringing up the council ect complaining about anything and everything 24/7 they have noting better to do than complain, ringing up the Police at the drop of a hat, they make claims of who it is, but in fact would not know one car from another, if a car is the same colour they will claim it's the same car, they are truly that stupid, I have been with them as a car or bike goes past and they say that's him, no it's not at all ! but they are convinced it is, they would not know a Commodore from a VW Beetle.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I have one ******** ranting about wanting speed bumps in our street, I said no f ing way do I want that speed hump **** anywhere near my house, he can have the speed bump outside his house and then he will surely crack the shits with all the noise that that creates with all the cars slowing down and then thumping over it and then taking off again.

If the resident grumpy k##t whinges & dogs on people now just wait and see what happens if he gets a speed bump outside his place.
He will absolutely loose his sh#t because cars will thump & bounce over it at all times of the day and night, plus he will have to deal with the continual noise of vehicles slowing down and then accelerating away from the speed bump.
Let him have the speed bump I reckon, as long as it is put outside his house.

We have a speed bump right outside our front door and it doesn't bother us at all. It can be rather entertaining.
The missus and I often sit out on our front verandah and have a couple of drinks and we can obviously see everyone driving over it.
You do see some funny sh#t though like box & boat trailers coming unhitched and then smacking into the back of the vehicles.
Some people don't even slow down for it and you hear some absolutely freaky noises.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Problem is the young and stupid clowns with modified cars have ruined it for the majority, by running cammed V8s with no mufflers and making them as loud as fuk , and look at me possible. .and lets face a lot of these idiot have no respect for anything but themselves

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Remember, the exhaust and all other aspects of the vehicle must comply with ALL ADRs (Australian Design Rules) that were in place at the time of manufacture.

Are you a certified vehicle inspector or police officer by any chance ?
I'm just curious because you flog this dead horse at every opportunity you get

More ADR'S.png

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
An actuator has to be the simple solution here. I hate being woken up at 6am by the bogans across the street...if everyone set their cars to quiet in the morning and when parking at night everybidy wins. I get to sleep in and noisy cars pass inspection.
The only thing stopping me from doing mine is the fear of one side failing ie uneven back pressure.
Yes either helmholtz or bimodals, effective and cheap.
But nah don't worry about uneven back pressure, is balanced, velocity (due to temp being much closer to ambient that far back) means the Yes either helmholtz or bimodals, effective and cheap.differential is minuscule.
I did dyno actuator open and closed and there is a difference in torque at about 3300 RPM through 4600, in favour of being closed.
I often have one or the other stick open/shut and the fix is only a tap with handle of screwdriver.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Good to know. I've been considering having a factory catback installed and having 2x open valves fitted, I'd love to find an actuator which could operate in real time. Ie open up as revs are climbing

5ltrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Highly recommend the varex mufflers. Even if you're not a fan of x-force, just use the varex mufflers on the rears and modify to fit your system. I got them fitted up after a cam install as I live in a quiet street on a hill. My cam is 234/112lsa/600lift and when the rear mufflers are shut it DRASTICALLY quietens the sound. No thumping, pulsing cam sound... even under throttle it sounds like a little fart trailing behind, certainly wouldn't wake up anyone.

When they are open all the pulsing, echoing and thumping of the cam is back and sounds fantastic through the rev range. Fitted on a VE