Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EXCESSV has arrived.....

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
First mod, take the bloody ironing board off the boot!

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
First mod, take the bloody ironing board off the boot!
i'm actually a fan of it...it looks pretty good in real life...
plus it blocks all ppls headlights behind me so no nasty light reflections in my eyes
Not usually a fan of the VE, but that one...PHOAR!

I shoulda known it would be black. :p Any other plans for it?
if you like it like that wait till i bring it back down to earth and lower it :yeah:
yeah what other colour is there apart from black??? :p :rofl:

plans....well they are the following:
Custom CAI
Lowering on Lovells for now then the Tein Coilover adjustable kit when it becomes available...will be first VE in WA with it on...possibly even first VE in AUS to have them.
Full exhaust...extractors, high flow cats, cat back...probably dual 3"
Tune
Custom Stereo system

thats it for now...

am also thinking about doing the chrome trimming around the windows like the calais...would look awesome against the black. very similar to what i had on the HSV R8

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
mate that is sik as! sik colour! sik car! :thumbsup:
nice choice mate....how come u didnt get the orange dash? lol i rekon it looks mad hey....cant wait to c her lowered more! :w00t:

and luv the plates!

cheers
ryan

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
SWEET ride!
Let me put it this way: anyone who isn't jealous of you right now doesn't have a pulse :thumbsup:

I'm well on board with the colour choice too. ;)
:rofl: thanks mate...my mates who didnt like the VE that much after seeing it and coming for a drive now are jealous and want one...:w00t:
mate that is sik as! sik colour! sik car! :thumbsup:
nice choice mate....how come u didnt get the orange dash? lol i rekon it looks mad hey....cant wait to c her lowered more! :w00t:

and luv the plates!

cheers
ryan
thank mate.
the reason i didnt go the coloured dash is because of how it looked in real life.
i wanted to go with black car and red dash & seat combo....the seats with the middle bit in red or orange look insane but the dash coz its texture is with like little hole pattern everywhere looks very cheap and nasty when painted.
well thats my impression of it anyway.
i asked for just the seats like the SS is but the SS is in cloth and SSV is in leather and they said you either have it both dash and seat or nothing...so i chose just plain dark gray/black interior...

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Awesome car!!!!!

Wouldn't the mod you said earlier void the warranty???
I would be careful of that.

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Very nice car Deano mate, black would have to be the only colour I think looks decent with the VE.

Looks fantastic, now the age old question, can you buy me one too?? :whistling lol j/k

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Awesome car!!!!!

Wouldn't the mod you said earlier void the warranty???
I would be careful of that.
nah...the mods only void what you change.
so an CAI would void any warranty to do with the air intake.
same as the exhaust system that i am putting on...will only void the part to do with the exhaust.

there are guys out there with VEs that have been lowered, CAI, full exhaust system with extractors, tunes, etc...most dealerships dont care...but you cant claim on anything that you have changed...its as simple as that.

from holden website:
Can I modify my car and if so, what will happen to my warranty?

Genuine Holden Parts and Accessories and HSVi Enhancements are specifically designed and manufactured to integrate completely with the operation and appearance of your new Holden. Holden's Design and Engineering teams are constantly involved with the development and approval of every Genuine Holden Accessory and HSVi Enhancement. For more information please visit Genuine Holden Accessories and HSVi Enhancements.

Only Genuine Holden Parts and Accessories and HSVi Enhancements are comprehensively tested by Holden Engineers.

Given this, Holden does not recommend modifying your vehicle from its as built nature using non-Holden approved parts and accessories. Your vehicles integrity, performance and safety may be impaired by modifications using non-Holden approved components. Should you proceed with modifications, your New Vehicle Warranty will not be voided. However, should a problem occur which is attributed to the modifications made, any repairs will not be covered by Holden's New Vehicle Warranty.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Very nice car Deano mate, black would have to be the only colour I think looks decent with the VE.

Looks fantastic, now the age old question, can you buy me one too?? :whistling lol j/k
thanks mate :thumbsup:
you can have one too....if you were a hot chicky babe....:rofl:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Very nice car mate, by the sound of it you've got your mods pretty much planned out already. You don't mess around do you.