Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exec Rear Wires?

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
I have a VTII S' Pack, Exec but with sports trim as they say but it had standard wires running from the eurovox CD Player head unit to the back shelf not just the doors and eurvox 6x9 looking speakers running. So I had front doors, rear door plus rear shelf speakers running as standard of the orginal unit? Anyone got any idea's on that one!!!

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
daggett said:
I have a VTII S' Pack, Exec but with sports trim as they say but it had standard wires running from the eurovox CD Player head unit to the back shelf not just the doors and eurvox 6x9 looking speakers running. So I had front doors, rear door plus rear shelf speakers running as standard of the orginal unit? Anyone got any idea's on that one!!!

I will put money on that you have no factory wiring running from your head unit to the back shelf.
As for the Eurovox 6x9s ? well what have you been smoking ?

Off the original unit when the car came out it was running 6 speakers , 4 in the front and 2 in the rear doors thats it.

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
Could i ask one question, would a vs rear shelf fit directly into a vn without any modifications? Would i need a different stop light unit to fit into the rear shelf?

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Nikkojoe said:
Could i ask one question, would a vs rear shelf fit directly into a vn without any modifications? Would i need a different stop light unit to fit into the rear shelf?
Simple answer yes
Long answer , it will have no center seat belt anymore , the front will look funny as the center seat is different , the brake light will need to be in there and Im not sure if the plug is the same , would assume so.
If you get a shelf from an SS then they dont have brake lights and will look tidier.

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
Ill probably be getting one for $40 from the quokka just from a standard vs for the speaker grills. You think its worth getting the vn/vp with the rear speaker grills or do you think i should cut into my rear deck?