Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust and Earth questions

Alspos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 Sedan
VN V8 exhaust question.

Does anyone sell engine pipes/y pipe to replace the crappy stock pipes between the stock extractors and the cat converter? The bends are dreadful pressed ones and I reckon you could unlock a few hp with something mandrel bent. Or is getting them made by an exhaust place the only option? Be nice if someone sold them so you could do the job at home.

Also, the earth strap between my bonnet and the front gaurd has finally broken. What purpose does it serve and what will die/rust/not work without it?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Buy after market extractors for it, that is the best option.

The earth strap just stops any voltage surges through the body. The hinges and latch on the bonnet are not the best at earthing so they fitted the earth strap.

Eliminator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maranello red Vn V8 Calais
yeah i wouldnt bother just doing custom collectors, go the full hog extractor package

Alspos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 Sedan
Thinking of a slightly cheaper option than replacing the extractors. If there is such an animal.

Eliminator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maranello red Vn V8 Calais
i dont think anyone makes off the shelf custom collectors to suit the stock headers, it just not worth it performance wise... the price you would pay to make something custom you could already have a complete set of extractors to fit yourself....

Last edited:

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
custom exhaust places make what ever u need just book it in