Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust choice

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
Ok, need to make a choice. Already have Pacemaker cat back on my VF SSV Redline. Can get Hurricane headers/high flow cats ($1600) from Not an Abba Fan, and then OTR and Tune ($1200-1400) from somewhere, total $2800-3000 vs Pacemaker headers/highflow cats/OTR/Tune from 1 place for $3680. So premium of $600-800 for the pacemaker brand. Is it worth it?

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
alot would depend on how reputable the tuner is.
i'd pick hurricane over pacemakers .

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Ok, need to make a choice. Already have Pacemaker cat back on my VF SSV Redline. Can get Hurricane headers/high flow cats ($1600) from Not an Abba Fan, and then OTR and Tune ($1200-1400) from somewhere, total $2800-3000 vs Pacemaker headers/highflow cats/OTR/Tune from 1 place for $3680. So premium of $600-800 for the pacemaker brand. Is it worth it?
Overall you need to go with PaceMakers over Hurricane. There's not much to the design of most 4-1 headers BTW!
Which PaceMaker product?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Pacemaker and Hurricane are almost identical. Is there $600 difference between the two, really? I have been doing Hurricane for a long time and back when I could get Pacemaker at a decent price, nobody could tell the difference anyway. Pacemaker is a success story in marketing. They were doing pretty ordinarily and weren't the best product out there, then the head of marketing and the workshop supervisor (I think that was their titles) from Genie bought Pacemaker and the rest is history. They made some design changes, but mostly their success has come from a very good marketing strategy.