Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust/Cold air intake/pod filter???? bit lost

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 3.6L Alloytech
Yeah i just want to know whats the best exhaust system to put on my SV6 allytech.
I've been told its hard to get a good sound off them.

I was quoted $2050 for a manta with extractors starting at 3" then into 2 1/2" sports exhaust, whats the best way to go about this and how much more power will this give my car

Also what is a cold air intake set up i've never heard of them before.
can someone please point me in the right direction as i want to give my car a boost in power and make it sound good aswel
Cheers

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
How you going buddy.

In regards to the exhaust. Good choice in manta I think, I am a big fan of them. My suggestion would be to talk to Not_An_abba_Fan who is a member on this forum about a price. He's a good egg and does good prices on them. Plus he'll assist you in working out exactly what you need without any bullshit.

When you say a 2 1/2" system you mean single right and not a twin? Some guys throw a twin 2.5 on a v6 and it's a waste of time and money. I've got a twin 2.5" on my 300rwkw+ 6L so buggered if I know what someone would need a twin 2.5" on a v6 unless it's boosted.

Next item, CAI. Heaps of them out there and most do about the same job. My only opinion her is to steer clear pod filters. All they do is suck hot air from the engine bay and REDUCE you power.

Good luck.

Hektic

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV Ignition Orange
Howdy,

With the exhaust i personly just put some After market Mufflers at the rear for a deepr note, the note does drone at certain points like up hill at around 2K RPM it does drone. When you first get the exhaust brand new it drones alot more but after about a week or two of driving the exhaust buildsup with carbon dioxide and the note changes (less Drone)

With extractors as far as i know you will need to get a Tune To remove the Engine Light.

Cold Air Intake I personaly went with Hammer CAI.

a cold air intake kit replaces the air box and the intake pipe that contects to the inlet manifold. The aim of the kit is to get better airflow to the engine and colder air , The cooler the air the better it is.

If you drive normal you also save on fuel but then it depends on how heavy your foot is after you install the exhaust and the kit.

If you click the following link you can check out what other v6 aloytech/sidi Owners, Exhaust have put in there cars.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ssive-fun-happy-time-exhaust-thread-11-a.html

Edit: Just realised its a VZ, Woopsys

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I can do extractors, metal hiflow cats and twin 2 1/4" into single 3" Manta system, all fitted for $1700 including a 3" dump tip.

I've got a couple of gremlins to sort out, but I will be able to tune it as well.

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 3.6L Alloytech
that would be great are you in or around the collie/bunbury area in WA at all???

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'm in Australind :)