Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust Help - and lukey ultra flo advice

Brados

Reaction score
North Adelaide,SA (uni) / Mildura, VIC (home)
Members Ride
VY Commodore Ute
Hope i have this in the right section, and i have searched extensively but not found what i am looking for. Im a newbie.

I recently took my VY S ute for a roadworthy having just purchased it, story short the performance exhaust didn't pass roadworthy at 103 db, needs to be below 90db. So i need to make it pass.

The setup is Pacemaker extractors >2.5 inch pipe> hi flow cat > strait through muffler > tip

It also drones a lot at 90 - 110 kmh just when you dont want it too.

Basically i want to get it under 90db, and Eliminate the drone without restricting the exhaust flow.

Spoke too two local exhaust places, one said its impossible to get a 2.5" exhaust under 90db other said it would be so am now uncertain what to do.

I am keen on lukey parts components.
Has anyone used lukey ultra flow mufflers?
there web site states sound suppression of 10-20 db with almost no restriction in flow

so am wondering if adding a lukey ultra flow and hotdog will get it under 90db and eliminate drone. So final setup would be 2 ultra flow mufflers and a hotdog.

Am open to sugestions?

Thanks in Advance, Braydon

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The 10-20 dB sound supression is over a straight pipe, not a different type of muffer. The muffler you have now is more than likely the same design, so changing it will do nothing. I would fit a large 2 1/4" resonator on the rear. It may not get it down to 90, but it will come close. The hi flow cat will be making it loud too. You may have to find some stock manifolds and stock engine pipe/cat assembly to get it to pass.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Big rear resonator mate. Will definitely shut it up. Have done exactly the same thing for a roady myself

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Without having to change the pipe too much, I would get stock Headers and a big rear resi. What state are you in? If you need a set of stock headers for an Ecotec I have a couple in good nick should you need them.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
wack ur stock exhaust on for road worthy then when u get it change it back
ksweet.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
just had to do this for a roadie too, mine was a vr v6 with a 2.5"" straight through with one muffler.
got another muffler on the back, sounded heaps better and passed cost me $120 fitted on the spot.

Brados

Reaction score
North Adelaide,SA (uni) / Mildura, VIC (home)
Members Ride
VY Commodore Ute
Cheers for the Help, Unfortunately since i just purchased the Ute i didn't the stock gear so couldnt just put it on for the roadie. Went with a lukey tri-flo lukey muffler on the back, Gives a nicer note and a good volume now