Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust help - V6 VT 99 Berlina

NZ Kiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT Berlina Sedan
Hey everyone I have an Ecotec V6 VT 99 Berlina (auto) and I am looking for some advice when it comes to getting a new exhaust in regards to changing the tone of the sound. I'm not after a LOUD in your face sound as I think only the V8 holds that honour. More of a subtle yet deep sound that I have heard on a few V8s but always wondered if that same sound would pull off on a V6.

In regards to the funds I have, I know the more you spend the better the product... well thats what I would think. But anyway I've got a rough fund of $800.

Said again, I am not looking for an exhaust that draws everyones attention from "that sounds nice" to a "what a dick head". One that when I am just cruising there is the subtle sound of it to when I put my foot down it sounds awesome.

thanks

Jamie_vzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ls1
probably a simple catback is what your after, being in nz I think rage,coby and xforce maybe do bolt on systems iv got a coby on my ss and the quality and fitment is good I have never heard one on a v6 tho.something with a centre and rear muffler combo so it doesn't drown.