Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust/Kw Relationship

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
Mr_Thoughtfull said:
ehhe
must be fun to beat an AMG merc badged car for sure.

im sure if the AMG was modified like the modified ls1's that race it may fair differently.

Look im a fan of the ls1, but just highlighting its shortcomings esp in std form :yeah:

first of all i will forgive you for your lack of knowledge on euro trash cars as amgs are fairly modded and second of all all my ss has done to it is a set of pacies and mafless tune, and runs a 12.9 down the 1/4 so maybe you can do some reaserch b4 hackin on ls1s.before you start the diff and stallie are as from factory so.

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.2ltr car
eeheh
if your car does a 12.9 well might be a fun race. Im sure you would prob win over the 1/4 by a couple of 10ths but on the street away from the lights ud get a pretty clear view of my rear number plate, while your fighting to get your power to the ground.

You can go and purchase an AMG (say an SL55 or something) straight off the factory floor, and get full warranty coverage. Im sure with an ls1 edit and pacies you would not fare so well.

Mr highlander 69 im not hacking on ls1's. im a big fan of them for sure
Im just simply stating that although they have big power, they are not really ideal for a street grand prix, and all the ones i have raced tend to sag a few car lenghts behind.

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
i dont have traction issues on the street as for the ls1s you "race" well i guess it helps if the tuner knows what they are doin , but pickin on stockies inc hsvs isnt really a braggin affair.unfortunately i race the ss at the track in the same form it is on the street

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.2ltr car
i beat a volkswagen tubo diesel golf the other day too.

anyway i got a plane to catch so ill continue this little discussion in a few weeks

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
Mr_Thoughtfull said:
i beat a volkswagen tubo diesel golf the other day too.

anyway i got a plane to catch so ill continue this little discussion in a few weeks

glad to see u stickin were u belong dont let fear hold ya back

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.2ltr car
fear hey. im just so danm fearfull for sure.

hehe the other time i just love seeing the LS1 is in the petrol station, cos ya know im gunna beat them too the queue, (as well as on the street), and while there in the line waiting, its really an innner satisfying moment knowing not only are they paying more per fillup, is they are gunna be back there alot sooner than me. Must be annoying for sure.

ehhe
this is lotsa fun.

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
Mr_Thoughtfull said:
fear hey. im just so danm fearfull for sure.

hehe the other time i just love seeing the LS1 is in the petrol station, cos ya know im gunna beat them too the queue, (as well as on the street), and while there in the line waiting, its really an innner satisfying moment knowing not only are they paying more per fillup, is they are gunna be back there alot sooner than me. Must be annoying for sure.

if you think anybody brought an ls1 for fuel econamy then i guess theyd be laughin at u as i am now , not only is ya comments and pms amusing but i think your avatar sums you up perfectly

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
:whistling
Mr_Thoughtfull said:
Some cars are quick ish, and are good on fuel. its grouse fun when you get to run against ls1's on the street. Sure they may be able to run fast times once tuned in a controlled condition like a dragstrip, but with thier clumbsy rear end and transmission combination they are easy meat for the traffic light sprints. :yeah:

**** stirring eh, is just so much fun :w00t:
Yeah its great Fun Stirring up us LS1 guys aye Chemicals , i mean Mr Thoughtful :yeah:
i dont mind the Fuel economy with mine, i get 12 liters per 100K and runs 12's but for some people ( like yourself ) that cant afford to drive a car like an LS1 i feel sorry for you mate. Maybe in 30 years you can afford one with 1000000 ks on it.

HOLD ON A SECOND DID YOU USE THE WORD "GROUSE" well i will try and say something you understand " DUDE THIS IS FULLY WICKED YOU TRYING TO STIR UP HIGHLANDER, ITS CHOICE KEEP IT UP BRO" Some one is stuck in a time warp

Last edited:

doggie458

Reaction score
Members Ride
cv8 monaro
Mr_Thoughtfull said:
Good info there. Yes the gen3 equipped holdens have torque limiting electronics built into thier computer (based on airflow calculations) which reduce timing etc if these are exceeded. So your exhaust power gain may be shortlived when the computer relaises u are increasting the power levels. There is a threshold though so it wont revert back totally to standard, but on the auto models its there also to protect the transmission. Getting the chip flashed will liberate full potential of the aftermarket exhaust system and is highly reccomended.

Basically the older the model LS1, the more HP is hidden in the exhaust and computer. With the current ones the exhausts flow alot better, and the computers are programmed more aggressively. I certanly woulnt undertake any exhaust job on the Ls1 without doing the computer
wouldnt the chip flash be taken care of with a ls1 edit..?

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
well mr thoughtful i see you have graced the world with ya chip flashing affairs.i guess from your own ls1 experiece that exhaust mod make little difference in ya chemical ridden dreamland.i myself who actually has a ls1 not only has dyno figure for the changes catback/extractors have made on the dyno , i also have time slips for each mod and the mph and et difference it has made although an tune from vcm suite will put all these mods were it should be i think maybe you should hop back in ya chips n coke tv land while watching ls1s roar by your window.shame gt4 has the ss so idiots like you can post on experiences like this as im sure ols108 agrees lol u should be on the next episode of the simpsons