Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust mods

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
yeah it was north east exhaust and brakes i think search them on ebay, they have some on ebay atm advertised accidently as lukey but they are actually the pex system. (lukey doesnt make a series 1 catback)

its all mandrel bent, very happy with the quality, atleast equal to the redback system i paid $300 for on the vs ute and that was at mate rates.

this is an identical add to the one i purchased
HOLDEN VT-VY WAGON & UTE 2&1/2inch LUKEY SPORTS EXHAUST - eBay Full Systems, Exhausts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 11-Feb-09 20:38:30 AEDST)

give them a call the bloke seemed very good to chat to about the whole thing.

pretty sure he would be keen to freight it there, he sent it to canberra no worries afterall.

hope that helps

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
hi i am unsure what to do i am in toowoomba and i have 2 places i can go, cougran's auto center or muffler kings... muffler kings will fit a 2.5 cat back for 310 and cougran's will make up a push bend for 265 with tip... which would be better...

i just want it to sound awesome without droneing
oh n wat tip should i get

muffler kings in twmba are pretty good from what ive seen. i personally have gone to a1 exhaust in twmba. they made a really nice system for my vt when i had it.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Hey guys,

Hopefully tomorrow I will pick up a VZ exhaust system, off a SS.. A twin 2 1/4?? -- or 2 1/2?? cat back, I've heard this is a decent exhaust to fit to a six banger?.. Just wondering if anyone has done this, and is there a way to get it in there easily - find a set of twin cats of either a V6 or V8?? to bolt up,

Originally I thought the VY serII had twin cats, but after having another look found I was mistaken, (I've been under there many times, just always remembered the VZ's from work?!!) at the moment im thinking just find another V6 cat, and make up the pipe work to suit? does this sound like an ok way to go??

Basically, trying to get out of it cheaply, cause im a tight a***!!! and the stocko ones got a HUUUUge hole in it, lol, and found this SS one cheap as on Ebay,

Cheers guys,

ohh and im not shy with the welder, so it'l probly be the way to go me thinks..

dodgyboy90

DODGY BOYS COMMY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8 ute
hi yeah there is an a1 in toowoomba but i been told it was dodge so... 310 will pull me up for a mandrel bent lukey from cograns... muffler kings was the same price but i dunno if it is mandrel... n i am wondering is it going to make much difference or am i just wasting money

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
are you after sound and a much better flow, then go to the mandrel bent, just sound you wont have to worry about the mandrel bent as much

dodgyboy90

DODGY BOYS COMMY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8 ute
yeah more sound but was wondering m i gunna gain much from the mandrel bent...

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
not sure on exact figures but i would assume a good system with good bends, good mufflers and materials will be a better quality system and will last longer

Tyson23

S-pack baby ;)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II S-pack Ute M5
Hey matey,
Reckon u could take a clip/recording of ur zorst...

I'm afte rone for my vy ute... looking for a nice deep sytem, with minimum crackle

:thumbsup:

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
i'll try get a clip over the next few days, yours will sound a bit different though being a twin cat series 2 im assuming

dodgyboy90

DODGY BOYS COMMY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8 ute
hey does neone no what is involved in getting a twin system n roughly the difference from a single