Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust note changed after driving for a while?

Vees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Storm Ute
I was helping my dad out today, the ute was constantly on since 12:30 until about 4. Non stop highway driving, turned it off at least once or twice during the trip. Anyway when I was done and on my way home. I'm going to try my best to explain it, it sounded like a droning sound and when I was accelerating it struggled as if it was lagging and then it accelerated. So in other words it sounded like something was stuck and it made some sort of clipping sound and lagged a bit when I went to accelerate. Fyi it's modified.

For the record it is fine now, it's had a few hours rest and I gave it a bit to see if the problem was still there and it wasn't. Wonder if it was overheated or maybe something was stuck, not really sure.

yamahahatim

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss crewman
Maybe the cat is falling to bits!!!! on my f250 truck, has similar symptoms as you are experiencing..... I cracked it and gave it a huge rev, and cat internals flew out of tailpipe... went fine after that....he he..