Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust Question

mattdog12

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Exectutive Commodore(Sedan)
Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting a Hotdog put on my Lukey system but have a question before i do so, it's a 2.5" system with 1 front muffler and pipe from the muffler that goes over the diff then just a tail pipe out tge back with no muffler or resi, what hotdog should i get thats cheap and where should i have it put on for a better/louder sound? Replace the muffler in front of the diff with a hotdog or should i put it on the tail pipe that comes out from the diff? Opinions etc would be much appreciated. And yes i know i'll probs get defected but thats not part of the question.
Cheers

mattdog12

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok so replace the muffler at the front with a hotdog?

mattdog12

Reaction score
Members Ride
Noticed you live in Tamworth. I live in Armidale :)

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
It will be bloody loud with only dog. I would suggest a straight through glass pack centre muffler and a dog out the back. A good sounding exhaust will trump a loud one any day.

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
noice who you getting to do the exhaust and im sorry jonah but i have to disagree, it wont be loud with a single muffler in the rear, my R8 has a twin 2.50 inch exhaust straight through with a set of hot dogs and it isnt all that loud, it makes noise but not what you call .. loud .. in other ways of explaining it dosnt sound like a B&S ute so i cant see a V6 been 'loud' plus i had the same system on my VT and was tempted to put the hotdog in cause it wasnt making the note i was looking for

mattdog12

Reaction score
Members Ride
What sort of Hotdog do you recommend? And how many " long?