Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust System Help

rupinder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
Hi guys,

i am getting an exhaust system and extractors put on a vt belina series 2.

i was wondering what questions i should ask and what brands were good.
the exhaust system is going to be twin exhaust so i got to get it cut from the right side at the back.

is there anything i should watch out for. i trust the mechanic but just to be sure.
and what questions should i ask, such as warranty, if its legal, maintaince, etc.

your help would be much appreciated. i couldn't find any threads that contained this info.
thankz :yeah:

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.2ltr car
hehe would be really good if we knew wether its a v6, v6supercharged, or gen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.2ltr car
OK.
prob a single 2.25" system, with say pacemaker headers, and muffler choice would be specific on how noisey u want it. for mild noise use a reversue flow intermediate muffler with a straight through rear resinator. With more noise go for a straight though intermediate muffler keeping the rear resinator.

if you oversize the exjhaust too much you could actually hurt the power curve as the exhaust velocity will be too slow. for a stock v6 2.25" is good, for a worked v6 or a mild v8 a single 2.5". If you want a big exhaust look, just oversize the tip.

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
yeah, go the pacemakers. lukey would have to be my choice for the pipe though. if your gonna go for a bigger muffler, main thing to look out for is whether it will bottom out or not. have seen it in quite a few cars, where the muffler hits the ground and the bumpers dont. shouldnt be a biggey though!

S

sirus

yeh true.... i have extractors and twin exaust setup on my vt and if have just 2 passengers forget goin into steep drive ways or speed bumps.....

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
im going for a set of pacemakers on my VT 6.
Also taking the 2.5" redback off and putting a 2.5" lukey sports exhaust with only front muffler (no rear resinator) i had this setup on my old VN and sounded a treat

rupinder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
thankz guys. been asking around as well, and decided not to get the twin exhaust. the reason is that i might lose power due to end pressure or something, as my car is a stock. getting it for $300 including a chrome vt calais or ss tip (the oval shape) pipe is 2.5inch the price seems a bit high get it down to 250 though. i think it aint a great price, but an ok deal.