Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust Systems

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
hi guys n galz
i got a redback system off ebay for my v6 vn non irs

silent on idle and wen you take you foot of but
when you put it down it boots and lets out some nice noise
i definetly noticed a power increase but my old exhaust was leaking, had mass holes in the 1st muffler and had rust holes and cracks all the way up the stock pipe. it was the factory pipe so no surprises.

i recomend the redback exhausts but you might be able to get something cheaper.
for quality and performence compared to stock i give it 5/5

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
i have a VQ V8 with a redback 2.5inch and its much better than stock.i thought it was a bit quiet so i had the rear muffler removed and replaced with a straight through pipe(redback supplied from memory)and it was heaps louder.depends on your tastes though.I kept the rear muffler incase anybody complains about the noise.

Daniel Gray

now a ultra-low cruiser!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V8 Calais, VZ GEN4 SS
adam69 said:
i have a VQ V8 with a redback 2.5inch and its much better than stock.i thought it was a bit quiet so i had the rear muffler removed and replaced with a straight through pipe(redback supplied from memory)and it was heaps louder.depends on your tastes though.I kept the rear muffler incase anybody complains about the noise.

did u get the muffler with twin exits or single?

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
I got the single one but i have a twin 3in chrome tip that drops out the back.looks great.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
I have a 2.5 inch redback catback. I had the 2 mufflers and it sounded alright but it was a little quiet for my liking so i took the rear resinator off and now its sweet as. I still kept the ressie just incase i have to put it back on at a later stage.