Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust systems

oscillator_1

Reaction score
Hi,

Would you recommend a full exhaust or from the cat back on a VZ SV8 Commodore ???

CHEERS

E

Ex Ricer

i would say a full exhaust...usually they sounds betta :yeah:

JWR57

Rollin in style......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 M6
Hi there, I reckon you should get some headers, hi flow cats and a full twin system, because if it's power your chasing you'll need to create flow. But if it's just noise you want, I'd suggest a single 3-3.5in cat back system. cheers.

B

BLACK346

oscillator_1 said:
Hi,

Would you recommend a full exhaust or from the cat back on a VZ SV8 Commodore ???

CHEERS

If you want a bit better note, throw some headers
on. The factory manifolds are not that bad, but the
headers will give it a better note. Then spend your
change on a good tune, this should get the tyres
turning a little easier :yeah:

B

ByronJC

I was thinking of sticking a twin SS exhaust catback on my SV6... it already comes with twin cat's and I'd want to remove the muffler box and put extractors for better everything!

what do you's think? the front part will still be standard.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I have heard that the factory items flow quite well and would be fine unless your goal is HP. Just get either a twin system (2.25" or 2.5") muffler on each pipe and merge into a single 3" or a twin cat system that merges shortly after the cats into a single 3".
FIT has just baught out there 3" system so talk to Tony and see if it would mate up to the flanges and hangers on a LS1 powered car.
AirStrike :air: