Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust then tune?

azzlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 redline wagon
Hey monstar or anyone else do you have any recommendations for good tuners in Sydney?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
... not necessary to go 300 km out of your way ...

I’m probably guilty of helping get the thread a little off track but I’m a big believer in supporting your local shops if at all possible otherwise you won’t have locals.

Having grown up in a small town my father drummed that philosophy into me.

Eterno

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS 2015 Wagon Vf V8
I researched and listened to a few other systems on VF's and decided on the OZTRACK 340 stage 3 kit for my sportswagon with the remote EFI Live tune. The exhaust supplied is full 2.5 " high quality Stainless Steel, 17/8 Genie Stainless Exctractors, Otr cai and auto and motor tune.

I could not be more happy with the result, it took a few times to get the tune perfect but we got there, sounds amazing, no drone and punches well above its weight for performance.

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Hey monstar or anyone else do you have any recommendations for good tuners in Sydney?
Due to work commitment, I chose oztrack for their remote tuning. The only mods I have is the vcm intake which I installed myself. Took my own sweet time as well getting the logs back to steve, back and forth all up took just a bit over 3 weeks and gone thru 5 tunes. They even tune the automatic gear box. I'm not looking for power gain, only want the car to drive smoother and better.

Eterno

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS 2015 Wagon Vf V8
Definite BIG power gain, and responsive straight off the mark difference with mine plus my missus occasionally uses the wagon as her dog bus and has no interest in bad manners that high performance can bring so I had it tuned to "performance mode" all the way across to the left for me and normal "drive" mode for her..
The difference is night and day, the performance mode holds gears longer, drops back more ferocious and wont drop under 3000rpm when driving hard into corners ect like you would on track day. Normal "drive" mode for her is a nice comfy big pussy cat, but turns into a lion when needed. Great over all set up I reckon and have no problem recommending it!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Driving the car without a tune that compensates for the different feedback from the sensors is fine. It will throw an engine light. It won't actually hurt anything as your cats are metallic. You won't melt them. Worse case you will use a lot of fuel. You may need new sensors as well as the coating on the headers burns off and contaminates them.

Scott ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss ute
Thanks for the reply abba that's 3 people saying it will be fine and one not, you seem to know what your talking about, cause I don't and that's why I asked, cheers

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Driving the car without a tune that compensates for the different feedback from the sensors is fine. It will throw an engine light. It won't actually hurt anything as your cats are metallic. You won't melt them. Worse case you will use a lot of fuel. You may need new sensors as well as the coating on the headers burns off and contaminates them.
Thanks for the reply abba that's 3 people saying it will be fine and one not, you seem to know what your talking about, cause I don't and that's why I asked, cheers
Fair enough, everyone has an opinion. Lookup Google on changing O2 sensors down stream, and whether that can cause them to not switch properly resulting in poor (inadequately dangerous) fueling and sometimes some very odd LTFT/STFT which may put your car into limp mode and leave you stranded somewhere on the Hume.
In my experience you really shouldn't really use an internet forum consensus to determine important matters like whether you will blow your engine driving closed loop at highway speed and load with unworkable wacky trims outside ECU parameters.
Oh yeah, when people are trying to give good advice about this, make it clear this is engine fuelling (front O2) not rear O2 sensors and Cat health. Else you wind up with a confident, experienced, correct answer to the totally wrong question.