Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust Upgrade for VP V6?

90VN55

Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN SS 5speed, '90 VN Calais 5speed
nah i drive it very rarely cause im only on my L's so i dont use much fuel.

when i get my P's i wont be doing it

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Angle Grinder.........0.5m of 2.25" exhust piping....... a mig welder.... = cat back system

Screw driver + cat convert = highflow cat, also smelly cat...

everyone talks about drone, but in reallity ive heard $1000 systems drone, its all about the engine not the exhust, id save your money and get something more worth while to change the engine note...

if you wanted to do it properly id do it from the headers back, run dual 2.25" into 2 STOCK cats, then 1 muffler on each exhust... seriously that will give u the flow and a BETTER note and if you do it right should cost u round $500, talk to VP luke he has a dual 3" system that cost him like $900 with extractors ( i think )

but to be honost, brutally honost.... unless you have the flow then theres no point unless you want it for noise.... its like when my mate put a 3" system on his 2.0L 4 banger...... do some research and decide what exhust you want, do you want to go forced induction? or keep it N/A...

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Considering he is on a budget I don't think forced induction would be on the cards any time soon....As the others have said 2.5" from cat back, shop around try not to pay any more than $250...if you call enough places yuo should be able to find one that will do it for that. As for sound..simply tell them what you are after and see how helpful they are...you will soon find out if they are a good shop or just want to sell you a muffler and get you out of there.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
When i was at tidd brothers they told me the most expensive parts on the exhausts were the accessory's. Cats-Resonators-hot-dogs-tips.
Basically the cat back exhaust system with single muffler is only $230 ish..

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
ace do em for $200 if you offer them cash and ask nicely :p

i mean cmon what is a cat back exhust really, 2M of piping = round $14-16 p/m then a muffler which would cost like $50?? then a few bends... and to be honost whats the point of fitting a 2.5" system to a 2.25", its like having a ricer with a 2L engine with a 5" exhust

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
I found sydney prices a lot higher than the rest of Aus (from what I heard on here of prices elsewhere). I went to best mufflers (bestmufflers.com), they supplied & fitted extractors and a twin cat back system (2.5i, Lukey) for around $1k, cash.

Are you at uni? Which one? I'm at Macquarie..

thehsvmanv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Acclaim
Yeh I am at uni atm, but all the way up at UWS in Penrith. Its actually the main reason why I bought the VP coz I heard that a Commodore on the highway is a force to be reckoned with, and being a Holden man, naturally I took the "Commodore as my first car" route.
The Commodore V6 is quite impressive, especially in VP trim. Just put your foot down and you can pretty much overtake or keep up with anything that doesnt have 8 or more cylinders or a turbo/supercharger. I just wish I had the supercharged V6 from a VS-VT Commodore - what a beast my VP BT1 would make.
Anywayz thanks alot. Been a big help. Now I know what to look for and at what price.

J

JEZ088

i bbought a red back exhaust with no rear muffler for $250.00 sounds ok. $18.00 postage from ebay, fitted it myself and on the road again.

whats involved in fitting it urself? does it all bolt together or is there welding involved?