Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exit my lil beaut VC/SL

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Doesn't sound like much to fix your car, but it's something.

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
oh you poor bugger... :( Glad it seems to have worked out ok with the other driver, bit of a rock and a hard place when it comes to local "problem" people... Good luck finding somehting nice for the money they were able to swing you...

Maybe a nice project VK already on the road... :p

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
hmmmm. unfortunately its unfixable for that price (quoted between 2 and 3k for a fix up depending if i scavenge the replacement panels). A vk would be nice, but i gotta get more cash first.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
dolphin14 said:
hmmmm. unfortunately its unfixable for that price (quoted between 2 and 3k for a fix up depending if i scavenge the replacement panels). A vk would be nice, but i gotta get more cash first.
You got $1200? "BIG surprise" is the understatement of the year!! That's more than the car would be valued at on the open market. I was going to suggest you check with your insurance company, because most third party policies (in Australia anyway) will cover you in the event that an accident isn't your fault and you can identify the other driver. But getting $1200 (and I assume you still get to keep the car) isn't too bad deal. Stills sucks if it was your pride and joy. Any thoughts on transplanting the running gear to a better shell or are you just going to sell the wreck off as parts?

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
im in the process of selling the whole thing as parts or to restoration hobbyists. Depending on the price offered, the only thing that will remain is the brand new LPG system. the rest ill just take woteva is on offer for it. The running gears were all stock so they can stay with the car