Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extended Warranty

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
Well I didn't know that. No wonder they made such a song and dance about extended warranties when I first bought the car. They can shove their extended warranties up their back sides. As it is their original warranties are often not honoured - clunking from park, lumpy idling, air con recycle button to name but 3.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
Hi guys,

I work in the warranty department at Gibbons Holden (Perth).

Holden have just released there "Holden Extended Factory Warranty".

This extension is a factory bumper-to-bumper extensions, exactly like your new car warranty.

You can extend with the following options:

1 year upto 100,000km
2 years upto 100,000km
2 years upto 175,000km
3 years upto 175,000km

You can service the vehicle at any registered mechanic that can do log-book servicing.

You service the vehicle according to the log book schedule (not this 6 months / 10,000km crap)

There are many different types of warranties available on the market. Holden Factory being the best as its exactly the same as your new car warranty.

Any back-to-dealer warranties where you have to service at the dealership is NOT a holden extended factory warranty. These warranties are backed by the individual dealerships and are not a full bumper-to-bumper coverage.

If you are going to purchase this warranty this is the one you want.

If anyone is interested in extending there warranty you can give me a call at work. My name is Justin and the number is (08) 9398 2211.

If you want more information please PM me and i will send you a brochure.

Alternatively there is information on the Holden Website.

Thanks,
Justin

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
Justin,
Can your service department fix my clunking gear problem?

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Justin,
Can your service department fix my clunking gear problem?

My service department is located in Perth, a bit far for you to travel. Im sure your local dealer has qualified mechanics that can rectify your "clunking" problem.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Keep in mind though, most dealerships, in fact, I think any Holden Extended Warranty, goes though a third party like Swan Insurance, as opposed to Holden. So you need to make sure you understand that, because Swan is completely independent to Holden apart from the contract they have which says any extended warranty's are financed and operated by them.
And they are stingy too, so not everything that is covered by the factory is covered by Swan.

I did some contract work for Swan a while back, and I know how tight they are, which is why I didnt take the Extended Warranty out on my car, just took a punt and tried to keep in as good a nick as possible.
Not worth the costs you get charged for it, IMO

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Keep in mind though, most dealerships, in fact, I think any Holden Extended Warranty, goes though a third party like Swan Insurance, as opposed to Holden. So you need to make sure you understand that, because Swan is completely independent to Holden apart from the contract they have which says any extended warranty's are financed and operated by them.
And they are stingy too, so not everything that is covered by the factory is covered by Swan.

I did some contract work for Swan a while back, and I know how tight they are, which is why I didnt take the Extended Warranty out on my car, just took a punt and tried to keep in as good a nick as possible.
Not worth the costs you get charged for it, IMO

The extended factory warranty is bumper-to-bumper coverage. The holden warranty is actually underwritten by Allianz Insurance. They are just the administrators of the warranty. If the part is covered the claim is approved. Aslong as the customer has forfilled there obligation and serviced the vehicle according to the log book schedule.

Swann Insurance also offer there own version of an extended warranty but this is not bumper-to-bumper coverage. It is also not endorsed by Holden.

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
My service department is located in Perth, a bit far for you to travel. Im sure your local dealer has qualified mechanics that can rectify your "clunking" problem.

Sorry but I have moved to Perth - I've updated my location now!
Westpoint Autos Brisbane and Brian Gardner Perth both claim this is by design and refuse to do anything about it. Others on this forum have also complained about the same problem.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry but I have moved to Perth - I've updated my location now!
Westpoint Autos Brisbane and Brian Gardner Perth both claim this is by design and refuse to do anything about it. Others on this forum have also complained about the same problem.

I can't guarantee that our workshop can fix this, i can ask them tomorrow if they have heard of the problem and see what there response is but by the sounds of it Holden have not come up with a fix for the problem if it is a common problem around the board.

I will get back to you on this.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
a holden dealership offered me extended warranty for 2 years $2500 which was through swan insurance it was writen into the policy that i hadn to use specified dealers ***K that

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
a holden dealership offered me extended warranty for 2 years $2500 which was through swan insurance it was writen into the policy that i hadn to use specified dealers ***K that

Sounds a bit over the top. If your car is still under new car warranty i can quote you on a holden extended factory warranty.