Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exterior Door Trim??

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Man, ive removed 3 sets of badges and I've tried to use dental floss but the heat from the hair dryer just kept making the floss snap, even when doubled over. I then used thin fishing line which also snapped with the heat. I had to resort to some thick fishing line.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
Yeah.. my door badges pretty much fell off with a little heat from the heat gun :). Just levered one side up a tad and then grabbed hold with pliers and they came right off no worrys.

The door trims though... I ended up with badly damaged paint :S

Just wondering if anyone ended getting em off without damaging the paint as I know a few other people interested in doing it who can't get a repaint for the price of paint :)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I see this thread was started months ago. what ended up happening? Agree on the Eucalyptus oil thing, i used it with my VL and worked a treat.

Burt_vn

Back in the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VG V8 5spd, 400hp 5spd soarer, vq stato
Yeah, taking them off my wagon was a bitch to do. But i did it before i painted it so i didn't worry too much about the paint, i used a razor paint scraper and got it off in a couple of hours, i found taking the bulk of it off with a scraper then rubbing it off with prepsol worked the best. But yeah, i don't think there is any easy way to go about it really. Worth it though, could you imagine my wagon with fat ugly black stripes down the side :eek: lol

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
my mates brother just did it on his vt last night with a heat gun came out perfectly, im pissed off coz i dont want to do it and wreck it on my new vr, might get him too come round and help me finish it off but then again the vr strips are a bit thinner than the vn berlina strips so i dunno.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
my mates brother just did it on his vt last night with a heat gun came out perfectly, im pissed off coz i dont want to do it and wreck it on my new vr, might get him too come round and help me finish it off but then again the vr strips are a bit thinner than the vn berlina strips so i dunno.

VT uses 2 pack paint anyway. Its a stronger paint and heat harden the paint as well. Different story when trying to remove sikaflex from doors that have acrylic paint like VN/VP's.

I dont know if the small VT strips use sikaflex anyway?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Rubber wheel on an air Drill..... What we used to use at work... Works a charm

Cheers
MaT